INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 734 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Suggestion
« on: December 22, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »

Since the addition of simple html style attributes, I have been having great fun, Thanks again...

I have an idea for a small improvement or large if you read on.. I like the ability to choose the colours of my thumbnail text but sometimes the colours I want don't look so good with the skin I have chosen...

For instance my favourite skin is mano, by far... There is only one thing I don't like about it.. I tend to choose somewhat bright colours for my thumbnail text and the background in mano is white, this combination don't look so good...

I have managed to manually change the background colour from white to black by changing the correct value in the skins' main.xml..

My suggestion would be to add an option to override the default back colour for the list section in the skins main.xml document This option would ft in nicely in the View > Skins > (Maybe Override). It could have text box or colour wheel, (A colour wheel would be cool, much easier than going on the net to good for colour codes)

My suggestion is only for the background area but I think potentially, it could be used everywhere..

You could have a two tiered drop down list that has all the editable entries. The first one would select the area and the next would allow you to select what to edit, i.e. background colour or highlight text etc.

One an entry in the first tier would be selected every other area of the skin on the app could be blanked out, so the user would know which part they are editing.

Doing this would make it much easier on everyone, who wishes to do this sort of stuff, the xml editing can be quite daunting and time consuming, whereas I believe this would be much faster.. Kind of like what Dreamweaver is for making webpages in comparison to writing it all out on notepad, editing is easy and it has preview abilities.

Thanks
Merry Christmas when it comes

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 03:57:35 pm »

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up