INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "bad" files  (Read 1498 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
"bad" files
« on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »

I am very disturbed by MC's exclusion of certain of my flac files as "previously determined to be bad".

I have run these files through Audio Tester and it reports that these files are good, yet for some reason MC has determined them to be "bad".

These "bad" files also play fine in Foobar.

MC has a blank under the tags for [File Type], [BPM], and [Duration], yet both Foobar and dbPower show file type and duration.

So why is there a problem with MC reading these files when other software has no issues?
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

Re: "bad" files
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »

I was able to edit the [File Type] tag after several attempts.

After updating tags, MC finally saw the [Bitrate] and accepted the files as good.

I do not like this exclusionary system at all. I also do not like having to use 'outside software' to identify a problem that appears to only exist within MC.

Perhaps some details on what MC perceives the problem to be when it excludes files? A Log?
How about some tools to work with these 'bad' files so we can do something to diagnose them?
Maybe some tools to salvage them?
. . . the game is rigged

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »

have you tried to rename the files outside mc and reimport them.. are they still bad then?

i had a problem like that: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67882.0

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:15 pm »

have you tried to rename the files outside mc and reimport them.. are they still bad then?

i had a problem like that: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67882.0

Actually I hadn't considered that once I saw that they appeared fine in Audio Tester & Foobar I went back into MC to seek a solution.

Should this happen again I will certainly give your suggestion a try.

. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up