INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winding Down at JRiver  (Read 2095 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Winding Down at JRiver
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:52:33 pm »

We're starting to slow down at JRiver this week.  We'll be closed completely next week.

On Thursday, we're having a bowl of chili at The Loon, a bar we've been to once a year or better for about as long as the company has been around.

CES is around the corner, from about January 10th.  I plan to fly into Las Vegas on the morning of the 12th and be back on a plane to Minneapolis the afternoon of the 13th.  In between a lot happens.  It's a huge show and after a few hours on the floor, you begin to think about sucking your thumb again.  It is intense.  A floor full of wolves, not sheep.

This has been a great year for us.  Thank you.  Forgive us for all the things we didn't do.  We meant to.

Merry Christmas.  Happy Hanukkah.  And so on.  Happy New Year.  And as Alex B just said today:

Hyvää Joulua ja Onnellista Uutta Vuotta!  (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!)

jgreen

Re: Winding Down at JRiver
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:02:01 pm »

Gonna take another sailing trip to the Bahamas, that well-known center for offshore banking?

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »

With regards to "we meant to", you are the authors of your own misfortune in that you have set almost impossibly high standards and expectations for yourselves through the quality of your work and the quantity of influence extended to your users.

Thank you for your efforts in making MC17 the great product that it is and your openness in listening to frequently divergent suggestions for its improvement.

Enjoy a well deserved Holiday season with your families and best of luck Jim at CES!

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:56:52 pm »

Dear Santa:

All I want for Christmas is build 17.0.57  :D

I've been good....honest ;D

Update:
Wow! One day later I see 17.0.59 is already under the Xmas tree.
Thanks for adding a feature I needed, you guys are the best!
Can't wait to give it a try.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »

On Thursday, we're having a bowl of chili at The Loon, a bar we've been to once a year or better for about as long as the company has been around.

Jim, this has been the best ever year for JRiver, right? Maybe in 2011 it's time to let your employees have a bowl each?

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:33:18 am »

Hyvää Joulua ja Onnellista Uutta Vuotta!

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

SBR

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:56:58 am »

My deepest thank you to all the team.  JR is an example of how a company should interact with its customers, not even mentioning the quality of the product itself.
While not an expert, I have been a user for a long time, since Media Jukebox.

I started with music, first standalone then whole house through a server, then added my photo collection (fantastic tag based filtering !) and recently built a video server and embarked on a quest to rip my blu-ray and DVD collection.  I am still amazed by the quality, depth, and innovation of this product.

Nowadays, I have an HTPC for each TV in the house and MC is the most used program on them !

Long live MC !

Rudy

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 09:13:17 am »

Thanks for your work this year, Guys.

Happy Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year to you and yours.

RGBlues

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 10:14:05 am »

Happy Holidays to all and the folks at JRiver. I have already "wound down" (new Bifrost DAC coming in today to try). Thanks to Matt for the Aspect fix that I will test soon after I test the new DAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up