INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I record tv using JRiver, is there a way to run 'apply these tags'?  (Read 8730 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen

I am probably wrong on this, but it appears that when a show is recorded using JRiver, it isn't 'imported' using the Auto-import function.  It makes sense, because JRiver shouldn't need to import it.  However, is there a way I can set some rules to apply certain tagging information automatically.  A lot of the shows I am recording do not have the series, season, and episode info is populated.  If it where, I could then use Carnac to get even more info.  As it is, I have to manually populate this info.  So, is there something I should be doing differently to get the Auto-Import 'Apply These Tags' rules to work on tv that is recorded in JRiver?

Thanks,

Alex

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: When I record tv using JRiver, is there a way to run 'apply these tags'?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

Sure. If you are willing to use the autoimport feature. Just record your TV Shows to a specifc drive/folder then setup to import that drive's/folder's contents into MC. When you setup autoimport for that drive, you just use the dropdown box and select the type of media (i.e. Video and JTV file type) and the subtype you want (such as TV Shows). Carnac then fills in the episode data automatically.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

Great, Thanks.  I will give this a try.

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:51:45 am »

This doesn't seem to be working for me.  I ran a test last night.  I set a simple rule in the apply these tags window.  I set the series field to be populated by the name field.  When I record our local news program, the name is populated, but not the series, so I thought this would populate the series field for me.

I recorded the 11 oclock news and this morning, the program was recorded, but the series field is blank.

I have the Auto-Import set to import all video file types from my T: drive and it is set to import this directory and all children.  My TV recordings are set to be recorded in T:\Recordings.

EDIT:  I just deleted my auto-import rule for the T: drive and started a recording.  The show was added to the library.  This supports my theory that when I record using JRiver, the recording is added without using the auto-import feature.  Since the program is added without going through the auto-import routine, is there another way to run 'Apply these tags' to programs that are recorded with JRiver?

Thanks,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up