INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: this program has performed an illegal operation  (Read 541 times)

mcbail

this program has performed an illegal operation
« on: May 17, 2002, 07:49:46 am »

I LOADED THE MEDIA JUKEBOX YESTERDAY AND IT WORKED FINE. THEN I STARTED HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY COMPUTER. I DELETED MY OLD MUSIC MATCH JUKEBOX. NOW TODAY EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN MY MEDIA JUKEBOX IT COMES UP ILLEGAL OPERATION AND IT WON'T EVEN LET ME GET IN.
 I THOUGHT ABOUT UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING, BUT ALL MY EXISTING SONGS HAVE BEEN RENAMED FOR THE MEDIA JUKEBOX. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEM BY UNINSTALLING. I HAVE ALOT OF SONGS.

HELP!!!!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:this program has performed an illegal operation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 07:54:18 am »

When you uninstall Media Jukebox, you have the option of NOT deleting your library files. If you leave the library files alone, all of the work you've done in your library will be there when you reinstall. You may have to tell MJ where the library files are, though, if you've moved them to somewhere other than the default location.

You may also want to reconsider your use of the capslock key. A lot of people construe it as shouting.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:this program has performed an illegal operation
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 08:02:32 am »

even if you did lose the lib data file, you can simply reimport, and it will not delete your mp3 files.

your mp3 files should be in another dir

besides you might be able to just do another install and see if that fixes the problem

MJ 8.0.273 is the current version, and it can be downloaded from here in the forum
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up