INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could the Galaxy tab 7 replace our harmony remotes, And be the IDEAL remote  (Read 2118 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

MrHaugen

I tried a Galaxy tab a couple of weeks ago, and I'll just say put it blunt... I'll never purchase one. It was so slow and the navigation was just skipping trough the pages. So it's a no go for me. I do not know what size the pad was, but it was one of the newer Galaxy's for sure. I do not have any experience with the Smart Remote. It's possible it would work ok, or even better....
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I wonder if that was a network problem.  The Galaxy Tab is pretty quick.  Even the original 7 inch Tab.

MrHaugen

Perhaps there was another problem, yes. Just tried it for two minutes. But it was on the home screens, so network should have no influence.

pcstockton

iPad???
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Is there a way to figure out by specs if thus would be faster/more responsive then remote desktop?

http://www.touchboards.com/uWriteTouch/uWriteTouchEngageWirelessLCD.html?Source=Google

MrHaugen

I tried a 7 and 10 inch Galaxy tab at a local store today. None of them had smooth flipping of the home screens (I did not have time to test more). It might just be me that is extremely picky when it comes to how this devices SHOULD work, but I take it as a bad sign when even a couple of default pages with widgets can't scroll smoothly. I have no idea how responsive this units is in other parts of the OS though...

newsposter

• MC Beta Team

For me an 'ideal' tablet would be one with a high-power internal CIR module as well as wifi and maybe Bt.  An add-on CIR module would be acceptable if it fits into one of the USB slots flush.

With all of the dev resources available for the old Philips Pronto remotes, having a decent Android or iOS Pronto CCF emulator would be really nice as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up