INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .dff file and Metadata.  (Read 2755 times)

Rrroberts40

• Recent member
.dff file and Metadata.
« on: December 26, 2011, 02:38:49 pm »

I have a good collection of .dff files and JR 17 plays them back very well I must say to a 192/24 Calyx DAC. Problem is I use a laptop for playback to my stereo system connected to my main desktop computer via a wired network. All of the DSD files will not fit on the laptop due to HD size limitations but I originally enter all the meta data manually on the desktop. When I move them to the Laptop also using Version 17 there is no meta data brought along so I have to reenter it all again. I don't think the metadata can be saved to a .dff file but is there some other way to transfer this info back and forth to the each computer without reentering it. Will JR17 allow me to make .m3u files in each directory for each album using the info I have entered in the JR17 library?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: .dff file and Metadata.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

You might try leaving the files on the desktop and running Library Server there.

Then connect with your laptop to play from the desktop.

This is what I do at home.  Library Server even lets me watch and listen on my phone or at the office.  It's pretty neat.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rrroberts40

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:33:27 am »

I have considered that but the distance to my DAC is the issue. I would need a 75 foot USB run. I understand there is a USB extender that uses CAT 5 cable but this would require another run  and I don't have one in place but could do that if I have to. Any other way to update the META DATA exchanged between the two computers without reentry?
Thanks
Russ

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:57 am »

Have you tried to restore library backup from the pc with metadata to the other? Of course the path must be same for both computer.

For the staff: any news on tagging .dsf files? I think it's a pity to have a software that play so well DSD files but cannot read/write tags!!!

At the moment the only software to my knowledge that manage DSF tags is korg audiogate.

Bye

Andrea
Bye!

Andrea
Pages: [1]   Go Up