INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.60 -- Available Here  (Read 5494 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.60 -- Available Here
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:52:09 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170060.exe

17.0.60 (12/23/2011)

1. NEW:  WebGizmo merges WebPlay and WebRemote and looks like Gizmo for Android (test by navigating to [Library Server URL]/Gizmo).
2. Changed: Revised the layout of library server webpage themes in [Install Path]\Data so that all are beneath [Install Path]\Data\Library Server.
3. SDK: Library Server's HTML engine supports else clauses in conditionals (see WebGizmo for an example).
4. SDK: Merged MCWS Browse/Image and File/GetImage image handling and parameters so sizing control, png, aspect ratio, etc. is available to both.
5. Fixed: Transcoding MP3's to burn a CD was failing in some cases because MC was under-estimating the final size of VBR mp3 files.
6. Changed: LAV video is now used to play JTV and Mpeg-2 content that used to use the Microsoft video decoder.
7. Fixed: Updated LAV video version to fix an issue with AAC in television.

17.0.59 (12/21/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View message boxes (or pressing escape to show a message box) could crash in build 58.
2. Changed: Using Rename, Move, & Copy for a video file will also move sidecar edl, srt, smi, idx, sub.
3. Fixed: Renaming a video file would move a sidecar image but not update the image file field, causing the link to the image to be broken.
4. Fixed: Blu-ray titles weren't always showing up in the title menu.
5. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.43). Improved stability on WinXP, improved MKV performance, fixed problems with MPEG2/H264 broadcasts, AMV decoding, various other improvements.
6. Fixed: Per-file aspect ratio settings were not being preserved between plays.
7. Fixed: Sorting results by match quality wasn't always working well in the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
8. NEW: The file rename and move tool now works with JTV titles in the database.

17.0.58 (12/20/2011)

1. Fixed: In Rename/Move/Copy dialog, VIDEO_TS and BDMV sub-folders were getting doubled up.
2. Fixed: In Detached Display mode, some keyboard shortcuts would not work.
3. Fixed: Rare dead-lock when updating Podcasts.
4. Changed: Renamed the window class names of the playback display (only relevant if you're scripting the program).
5. Changed: Blu-ray title menu shown when "dvd menu" button on remote is pressed.

17.0.57 (12/19/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.80 (fixes issue with black bar cropping in Red October HQ).
2. Fixed: When first adding a folder in Configure Auto-Import, file type selections would not be saved properly.
3. Fixed: CD ripping would fail if meta-data had invalid filename characters embedded.
4. Fixed: Renaming a video with a sidecar image was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Full resolution thumbnail overlays, which are used when using large thumbnails, would flicker when used in album thumbnail views.
6. Changed: JRSS is now supported when doing 12, 16, 24, and 32 channel output (JRSS will populate 7.1 and the other channels will be silent).
7. Fixed: Changes to the bitstreaming mode in Options > Video were not sticking.
8. Fixed: Rename/Copy dialog was showing wrong case for file extension on destination DVD names.

17.0.56 (12/16/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View music backdrops from HTBackdrops.com uses more exact artist name matching when searching to reduce or eliminate the possibility of incorrect artwork.
2. Changed: To better handle the variety of non-square pixel displays, a zone-specific option is available in Options > Video > Advanced > Aspect ratio correction (this replaces the old 'Anamorphic' aspect ratio mode).
3. NEW: Added MCC zone-specific commands MCC_SET_SUBTITLES (10052), MCC_SET_AUDIO_STREAM (10053), and MCC_SET_VIDEO_STREAM (10054) (the parameter is: int nIndex (-1 toggles forward, -2 toggles backwards)).
4. Changed: Saving a Rename, Move, & Copy preset with the same name as an existing preset replaces the existing preset.
5. Changed: Cleaning the cover art folder will only delete album images for artist / album values that aren't in the library (even if no files reference the artwork).
6. NEW: Added an MCC command to take video screen grabs MCC_VIDEO_SCREEN_GRAB (10055) [parameter: 0: use as thumbnail; 1: save as external file].
7. Fixed: The updated cover art system wasn't properly handling characters in the artist and album that weren't possible file system characters.
8. NEW: The file rename and move tool now works with DVD and Blu-ray titles in the database.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

17.0.55 (12/14/2011)

1. Changed: Core AAC audio decoder is white-listed for use in custom video mode.
2. Changed: When renaming files according to a template, MC now uses a maximum of 60 characters rather than 40 for each DB field value within the template.
3. Changed: Loading an EPG no longer attempts to find episode artwork in the cover art folder (and series images are handled by auto-import).
4. Changed: Cover art assigned to video or data files is always stored next to the file.
5. Changed: When importing a new video (or when using Cover Art > Quick Find in Cover Art Folder), only cover art next to the file is detected.
6. Changed: The command 'Use Screen Grab For Thumbnail' saves the image next to the file instead of in a central screen grab folder.
7. Fixed: Looking up cover art from the Internet for artist names with a dash in them could fail.
8. Changed: Library backups go to [Documents]\JRiver\Media Center 17 instead of into the application data folder (configurable in Options > File Location).
9. NEW: Moving the cover art folder with Options > File Location will move existing cover art on disk and update the database.
10. NEW: Added Options > File Location > Cover Art > Clean cover art folder.

17.0.54 (12/14/2011)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when starting video playback if it took a while to open the audio output and the audio path information was requested in the meantime.
2. Changed: When switching display resolutions, Aero desktop composition is toggled to fix stale composition rates from causing troubles with madVR, etc. (thanks to madshi for the tip).
3. NEW: It's possible to specify a default aspect ratio mode in Options > Video > Advanced (useful if you have an anamorphic lens, etc.).

17.0.53 (12/13/2011)

1. NEW: Added initial support for DVB subtitles (please provide information or sample files if you encounter issues).
2. Fixed: Custom video config dialog could crash on some systems.
3. Fixed: Recycling files from a thumbnail view could lead to a hang.
4. Fixed: Cropping black bars on content that didn't use square pixels was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Updated LAV filters to alleviate some video playback issues on Windows XP.
6. Changed: The expression editing control 'Insert Field' menu doesn't put brackets around field names (allows typed-navigation in the menu to work better).
7. Fixed: Resizing some views using a glass-enabled skin could flicker.
8. Changed: Updated 'Share to Web' Action Window to newer user interface components so that it works better with glass skins.

17.0.52 (12/12/2011)

1. Changed: Added the Microsoft decoder DMOs as options for custom filter selection.
2. Changed: Custom audio output selection for video playback requires using Custom video mode.
3. Changed: The 'Condition' for custom video mode uses substring matching instead of exact matching (so codec(mpeg-2) will match 'MPEG-2 Video').
4. Changed: Revised the naming of the video mode and Red October settings.
5. NEW: Custom video mode allows selection of source / splitter filters.
6. Fixed: Hauppauge Colossus and HD PVR did not play correctly on some computers.  Now LAV audio decoder is specifically loaded for these devices.

17.0.51 (12/9/2011)

1. NEW: New and improved system for choosing custom filters to go along with Red October (single easy to read list of changes, can apply customization per codec or container, etc.)
2. Changed: When using 'Disabled Volume' volume mode, the volume isn't offered on the OSD.
3. Fixed: Switching from 'Internal Volume' to 'Disabled Volume' didn't immediately disable any internal volume attenuation.
4. Fixed: DLNA server, audio. When "convert when necessary" was set and the target was mp3 and the source was multichannel, the conversion was failing (wasn't downmixing to 2 channel). Broken by the multichannel changes in 17.0.48.
5. Fixed: Some CD rips, especially classical, were generating folder names that were too long for the system to handle.
6. Changed: Pressing the Spacebar no longer does the same thing as pressing the Enter key in dialogs, since Spacebar is often used for de-activating screensavers.
7. Fixed: DLNA, jtv files are now converted when video conversion is set to "convert unsupported"
8. Changed: DLNA, obsolete options for "support image content" and "support video content" are removed.

17.0.50 (12/8/2011)

1. Changed: Pressing play on the remote (while stopped) in the Theater View television grid did not work nicely.
2. Changed: Playing a guide program from anywhere in the program will automatically switch to live television playback, starting at the channel of the program.
3. NEW: MC automatically detects audio type when starting Hauppauge HD PVR and Colossus devices.
4. Fixed: Transitioning out of fast forward / rewind during video playback was not working nicely the last few builds.
5. Changed: More tuning to device lost handling for Theater View.
6. Changed: Reduced compile size of logging, making the program a little smaller.
7. NEW: Surround sound audio files can be played on Gizmo.
8. Fixed: Some VC1 video files were not playing on Windows XP.
9. Fixed: All http services. When receiving a http 1.1 request with "connection: close" the connection must close immediately after that transaction.
10. NEW: When controlling a remote Media Center zone, reordering, deleting, and shuffling Playing Now is fully supported.
11. Fixed: Embedded cover art in mp4 files was not used for thumbnailing.
12. Changed: When a library fails to load, if there is more than one available library, the failure dialog will offer the option to load a specific library (along with other choices like retry, load previous, restore from backup, etc.).

globetrotters1

Re: Media Center 17.0.60 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 06:42:22 am »

installed version 59/60 over version 46 and cannot play any ripped DVDs anymore

it says "downloading required components" and then I get the message that it cannot play "audio" anymore (SPDIF), reverted to version 46 and it's playing again like normal

Would you please look into this?

thanks

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:15:21 am »

it says "downloading required components" and then I get the message that it cannot play "audio" anymore (SPDIF), reverted to version 46 and it's playing again like normal

Would you please look into this?

thanks

Do you have a separate install ov LAVfilters or MadVR? Check versions. The filters were updated in MC RO lately, and separate filter installs with different versions messes up things.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:51:39 am »

Try rebooting and reinstalling. 

dvnog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:54:11 pm »

'Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' no longer works - need to manually locate file with 'Add From File...'

Also, what does 'Clean cover art folder...' do?

P.S. My previous request re. Stickies conflict in 17.0.59 was ignored. Does that mean you're not interested?

)p(

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:42 pm »

'Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' no longer works - need to manually locate file with 'Add From File...'

I see this also with network files. ie \\server\movies\etc.
They also dont show the cover when I add a cover with get movie & tv info. But that works for me with paths that have a drive letter.

BigMac

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »

Library Backups folder location Could not changed. 

It used to be "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Library Bakups".  But now, "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\JRiver\Media Center 17\Library Backups".  I would like to change to previous setting under "File Location" but without luck.  I could not change.

SH ?

bds3151

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »

I'd like to add that I am also having audio problems when playing DVD's after installing .60. I either get a message that the audio format is wrong, or stranger yet the DVD starts but the background soundtrack is playing but the dialog is not audible. I tried to restart the application and my computer but it didn't change. I have an external usb dac and all works with PowerDVD when I play the same movie.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 07:43:59 am »

I'd like to add that I am also having audio problems when playing DVD's after installing .60. I either get a message that the audio format is wrong, or stranger yet the DVD starts...

exactly my problem too and I don't care about LAVfilters or such, I just run Red October and don't mess around with settings. Pretty weird that such updates mess up things which worked well before - not very promising, sorry to tell you my honest opinion :(

also the old problems are still there:
1) choosing an album of an artist to play chooses ALL albums
2) remote control of a zone from a client tablet still shows remnant data in Theater View, List View and especially Info View
I consider these basic problems which you should take SERIOUS please

If you don't care about such basic problems I think you don't take your clients for serious!!!!
I'm sorry, I'm getting angry after having mentioned the same thing multiple times. And with due respect, I always told it very very nicely - but no one hears my voice. No reaction is also a very clear message :(

thanks

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

Upgrade to 0.60 went without problems over here, DVD's play fine and no glitches with album selection that I can see.

New WebGizmo looks great so far, very nice work!!!

Ghettorat

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 06:07:34 am »

I am suddenly getting a type of frame skip every 30 seconds to a minute in mkv 720p or 1080p, movie or tv-show after upgrading to 17.0.60. Its as if a previous or future frame suddenly pops in front or behind what is being watched for a second then disappears and continues normally. Using red october HQ (core2 duo 8500, geforce gtx550 ti, 4gb ram etc).

edit: seems I fixed it for now with forcing to 59 fps instead of 60 in forced refresh rate setting.

pain

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 01:20:57 pm »

Tools - Options - General video settings ; Bitstreaming doesn't change hdmi or other options it doesn't save my choice

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

Tools - Options - General video settings ; Bitstreaming doesn't change hdmi or other options it doesn't save my choice

Regress to 17.0.46 and set Bitstreaming then either stay with V46 or just overwrite it with V60 once you are happy with the setup. Please see my post Installing Required Components is displayed for every film (fresh install)
The Future is Remote!

maid

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 12:53:04 am »

Quick find file/Cover art directory appears broken.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

vvcepheus7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »

The program don't erase the broken links.

If I erase one diretory of videos of hard disk the program show this:
Fixed 576 broken links. (0 fixed, 576 removed)

But in the playlist the videos continue in it.

please, correct it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up