INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: forum grouping  (Read 944 times)

pdog

forum grouping
« on: May 17, 2002, 06:09:12 am »

Hello all,

Am new to the wonderful world of MJ and have a question. Is it possible to set up a "new-to" forum? A lot of basic stuff could be addressed and save the ptb's (powers that be) there from common repetitive inquiries. It's also quite difficult for the newbie (that would be me) to go thru all the posts, vainly hoping to find an answer to a simple problem/question that isn't addressed in the faq or guide. It would also help us newbies get up the learning curve so that we might understand half of the stuff discussed in the regular forum!  Next Page

Pdog

"The reasonable man adapts to society. The unreasonable man expects society to adapt to him. Therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:forum grouping
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 06:17:45 am »

Welcome to interact Next Page

We've talked about splitting the forums, but part of the charm is that there's a little bit of everything here.

I'd just keep digging around, and don't be afraid to ask questions -- it helps everybody in the long run.

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 06:28:15 am »

You may find some answers in the Help section above also.  Help in the MJ program is much improved in version 8.0.

We may divide the forum later.  For now, it works pretty well.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 04:20:42 pm »

Go ahead. Ask "stupid" questions. Some of us live for the ones we can answer.
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 04:38:12 pm »

CVIII,

I CAN READ YOUR E-MAIL!!!! Must be a new connection??

Sorry to screw up this post. But stupid questions, and repeats, are a way of life on this board. Part of the charm here. Fire away.

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 05:08:00 pm »

pdog
This forum has to be a mess
Or to be fair the forum himself looks like a very respectable old women.FROM OUTSIDE
But the treads NEEDS to be a real mess
You got allready very distressing posts from Charlemagne 8 and MachineHead.But worst has to come,Cmagic,KingSparta,Doff.Much more worst to come with MHorton,Harry The Hisper, and -the ice on the cake-Scronch.Better not to speak about the very boss here....
I do not speak about Zevele 10 posts,..better to buy a gun and kill yourself....
Anyway to find posts about a problem is -even with a killing ADSL line-NOT THAT FAST...
Just ask.Depending of the general mood,they may answer you[means they are fine] or give you links to your problem[means they are not that fine]
As a rule i never give help,i am just here to mess around

WELCOME to this stange world,and fell free

Wish you good week-end   Zevele 1

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2002, 06:02:05 pm »

MachineHead,
Yes indeedy-do! I've got DSL now instead of dial-up. It's like the sun just came up after a very long night. I'm listening to 128K radio right now, which would be impossible previously. That means a new E-mail address. I sent it to you, didn't I? If not, it's here.
End of off-topic tangent. So, where is "pdog" anyway? You know ... the originator of this thread.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele1

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2002, 06:57:21 pm »

Karolus number 8
The sun came up when you ,i and many others got phone/56 modem connection
The ADSL means that the sun is more shinning
But it is true,as i said few weeks ago,that you will forget about phone/56 kps in no time

Go to house of the blues-must be www.hob.com.If they are working again,you can get many concerts  on stream
And,please,do not say that i told you to buy TotalRecorder........

The sun came up here since allmost one hour.Waiting to friends to have a chill out croissants©offee on the see shore
They are coming from a "ravo/transo/house garageo night.The mix of styles has to be fun
I will have a nap,because i have a MetalHead evening to come:Arafel and Decayed Soul"extreme brutal and primitive metal" and Winterhorde-never heard of them-

Of cause i will have my orange shirt,and will be like a comming sun  in the midle of all this young, serious , dress in black people

Pdog

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 02:39:47 pm »

Well !!  Thanx to all for the welcome and encouragement! I know its first blush but still nice. I've been in a bunch of forums and this is the most straight-up I can recall. All the best to one and all and I'll try not to p-off too many with my silly ?'s. Next Page

- Pdog

Gladstone to Disraeli, "I predict you'll die of hanging or some vile disease"
Disraeli to Gladstone, "That depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 04:24:50 pm »

Charlemagne

>> Go ahead. Ask "stupid" questions. Some of us live for the ones we can answer.
yea it makes us look smart
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up