INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 Output settings with Musical Fidelity M1 DAC and optional MF V-Link  (Read 3331 times)

wormdazzler

I am running a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC into my system using the USB input (mid/high end stereo system) and playing through MC16  / Windows 7 professional.
After researching the best output settings, I tried to stick with WASAPI Event but whatever DSP settings I find that work, will not work if I change the type of file I am playing.
So, as I have a mixture of MP3 (160/320), FLAC (24/96) and also a few HD FLAC(24/192) files, this is a major nuisance.

I have currently given up on WASAPI Event and reverted to plain WASAPI. This appears to be slightly more flexible and I can run most files using SR:96,000 Bit:16bit Res: <44.1 >96 Channels:2-Speaker stereo.    However, sometimes (not always) clipping occurs with FLAC files and I find the quickest way to correct this is the change the Channels to Source No. Channels.
None of these will work with the 24/192 files where so far only Direct Sound appears to work.

The Objective of the whole exercise is actually to get the best possible sound out of all file formats, so I also have a V-Link which allows me to connect to the DAC through the coaxial input which will accept 24/96 and upscale it. However, I am only able to raise the DSP output settings to 24-bit - all other settings are as above. I'm still not convinced that I'm getting the best results possible, so after all this explanation -

Anyone have any sensible suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC16 Output settings with Musical Fidelity M1 DAC and optional MF V-Link
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:26 pm »

This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

Always use 24-bit output.  If your hardware doesn't support 192 kHz, set Media Center to resample to something it will support in DSP Studio > Output Format.

And welcome to Interact.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up