INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: imported audio files not showing in library only in files list  (Read 1415 times)

adrianwilson

imported audio files not showing in library only in files list
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:51:11 am »

I started using media center a couple of weeks ago.  I imported my apple lossless library to the player seamlessly, and have since imported around a hundred additional cds that are flac encoded.  Media center displayed and played both types of files just fine.  I recently decided to reorganize the library and move to a new location.  So having done that and backed up to an external, I uninstalled from Admin account and re-installed under user account.  I imported the consolidated apple and flac files, but only the original apple files are displayed under albums or artists.  The flac files are there under files but grouped separately at the bottom.  Media center won't attempt a cover art search either.  The files are good because I can play them within Media center by double clicking the file. Also Artist  and Album are blank, with both being under the name column.  Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: imported audio files not showing in library only in files list
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:06:16 pm »

Welcome.  It sounds like the files aren't tagged.  Did you rip with MC?

If you moved the files, take a look at the wiki topic called "Moving Files".

You could probably restore a backup (File/Library/Restore).  MC makes them automatically.  If successful, use the Library Tool called "Update Tags from Library".  Try a few before you do very many.

adrianwilson

Re: imported audio files not showing in library only in files list
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:51 pm »

Problem solved.  Under library tools select Fill properties from filename then files can be sorted and shown under Albums and Artists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up