INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: image slideshow dosn't work on tv  (Read 2167 times)

BernhardS

• World Citizen
image slideshow dosn't work on tv
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »

I want to play my images on my Bravia but slideshow dosn't work. I always mus push the next botton. Windows Mediaplayer works fine but not MC. I tried a lot of changes in options, effects, cache, decode quality ... nothing helps.

Any sugestions?

Thanks
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: image slideshow dosn't work on tv
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:42:04 pm »

Try changing MC settings for DLNA.  DLNA Extra, for example.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »

Thanks for the quick answer. Dosn't help. DLNA and extra DLNA are both checked, I tried any combines. Music will be played. Smaller resolution also failed. In Mini view a few days ago the time counts to zero and restarts without changing image. Today I see "Live/Live". I changed the slide showduration - nothing happens.
I tried to configure Generic DLNA and also Sony BD/TV as DLNA Server.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:23:53 pm »

Thanks for the quick answer. Dosn't help. DLNA and extra DLNA are both checked, I tried any combines. Music will be played. Smaller resolution also failed. In Mini view a few days ago the time counts to zero and restarts without changing image. Today I see "Live/Live". I changed the slide showduration - nothing happens.
I tried to configure Generic DLNA and also Sony BD/TV as DLNA Server.
Just tested on the bravia here. It works for me.
The settings I used are pretty generic (sony BD/TV preset).
You might want to try turning on image conversion and have it convert to your screen resolution. Ours is set to convert to JPEG 1080.
You are trying to do this from the TV using the TV remote, right?

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »

I also set to convert to JEPG 1080. When I use the remote function of the TV then slideshow works. But when I stream images from my laptop (also via WLan) to the TV then it dosn't works (in most cases it is easier to add images to an current playlist direct in MC). Music can be played in both ways without issues.

Remarkable is the playing now bar: When I play images on my computer, above the duration slider it counts from  -5/5 to 0/5 and than the image changes. By playing on TV there stands only "live/live" and the slider is fixed in the left corner.
WMP works fine.

It may be an unimportant problem but there must be a soluition. Now  in Germany is midnight - I come back tomorrow.
THANKS (AND GOOD NIGHT)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 03:21:38 pm »

I can see what's happening in a trace. The Bravia is returning playing state for the picture while it's being displayed.
It never transitions to stopped which is required before we send the next track. I'll trace WMP however WMP may be using WMC instead of DLNA...  We'll see...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 09:52:42 am »

I can see what's happening in a trace. The Bravia is returning playing state for the picture while it's being displayed.
It never transitions to stopped which is required before we send the next track. I'll trace WMP however WMP may be using WMC instead of DLNA...  We'll see...
Looks like a slideshow function would need to be implemented on the controller (MC when you are pushing) end. Added to the wish list...

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:06:07 pm »

Thank you very much for your effort, I thought for a while that my issue is no comprehensible for anyone else.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 10:34:18 am »

Looks like a slideshow function would need to be implemented on the controller (MC when you are pushing) end. Added to the wish list...

Pages: [1]   Go Up