INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove played songs from playing now  (Read 1439 times)

Mischief

Remove played songs from playing now
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

If you didn't notice, this is my first post, I am a n00b to MC and am deciding if I want to buy or not. I have been using a DIY touchscreen solution, Ultimate Jukebox for years and despite the overall ugliness of it, it was super easy for my wife to use.

We can adjust to the different ways of loading the playing now list but is there a way to have MC remove played files form the list?

Next, can you set a default playlist that starts running after the playing now list is empty?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Remove played songs from playing now
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:34 am »

Welcome to Interact.

There's no way to remove file from Playing Now after they're played.  I'm not sure why you would want this since Theater View and Standard View scroll to show the playing file.

Perhaps you could describe why you want this, as there may be another way to accomplish your goal.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mischief

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:04:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply Matt

I usually dedicate a little time each day to sit in the sweet spot and listen to a few tracks. I grab a few files out of my library and sit back to enjoy. Eventually life come back and i have to get up out of the sweet spot and join the world, I leave the system running and with MC it eventually starts to loop the 5 - 10 songs I loaded instead of starting to play something like a default playlist.

I really suspect I either have missed some setup options or I am going to have to adjust to MC.

Mischief

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:14:44 pm »

I guess I should add... I like to work with a small list. When I use a playlist and add things I have to add either play next or add to the bottom of the list, which if I am using a playlist, is going to be after a buch of things I don't want to hear.

What I would like is to be able to play with a limited number of files that play once, then it goes to a default playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up