INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import question  (Read 896 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Auto Import question
« on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:12 pm »

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the import of photos and videos taken on our cameras.  I am learning how to use our new Canon 60d and am trying to come up with the most efficient workflow to eventually get them into my Main media library housed on a Drobo attached to my HTPC.  Below is what I am currently doing:

1.) I have the camera creating RAW files and large JPEG's simultaneously.
2.) I transfer all photos and Video taken with the camera from the SD Card to my Laptop.
3.) Since we are learning, we take an awful lot of photos.  Most are not worth saving and I have to go through the photos and delete what we do not want.
4.) I then move the files to a photos directory on the laptop.
5.) I then run Synctoy to synchronize with the photo directory on my HTPC.

A few issues that I am dealing with are:
- I keep the home videos in the photos directory and let them import to MC.
- I would like to set up auto import of files in the photos directory to assign Media Sub Type at autoimport. 
- Since I am importing both video and photos, how do I create a rule on how to apply the Media Sub Type Tag for the Video files?
- I am still trying to figure out the best way to set up the naming convention of my photos (IE. by Date, Time, or some other way)
- Would Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop with Bridge be a better choice for applying this information before importing into MC?
- Is there a way to create a stack of the JPEG and Raw file on auto import?
- Is there a better way?

I am spending the weekend moving all my media to a drobo as I am having alot of issues with my HP Mediasmart server(Gives me alot of issues with playback of videos and even accessing it on my network which really kills the WAF and thus she thinks it is the fault of MC).  I am also taking the time to fix the tags on all my media.  I will be giving Carnac a spin for the first time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up