INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos blurred in full screen view  (Read 1875 times)

calculadoru

• Recent member
Photos blurred in full screen view
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:24:14 am »

Hi,
I am setting up a new HTPC and from what I have seen of JRiver it is what I want, as it works exceedingly well indeed (especially for my ridiculously large music collection...scrolling is so easy and smooth, and makes me very happy). I am testing it before I buy the licence and have found this annoying thing I can't figure out: when a picture is shown in full screen, even though the thumbnail looks crisp and clear (most pictures we have were taken with various DSLRs) once in slideshow mode the picture looks blurred and slightly out of focus. It's difficult to explain, really, but all works very well until in full screen. I should add I am now testing the machine on an old monitor with a low resolution (1280x1024) before I hook it up to the 1080p TV, but I doubt that's the reason - the pictures look perfect in any other program, as well as in the previews/thumbnails on JRiver. Am I making sense here, or am I on crazy pills?
Would love some help, thanks in advance,
D.T.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Photos blurred in full screen view
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:32:24 am »

Welcome to Interact.  Try slowing the slideshow down.  MC uses a low quality image while it loads a higher one in some cases, so you may see a slightly blurred image, but it should then "snap" into focus.  What may be happening is that there isn't enough time to load for some reason.

You could also pause the slideshow with the space bar.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:52:13 am »

The files are definitely available to MC?

Sounds like a stupid question, but, MC uses a cache for thumbnails, but for the larger image views, and playback itself, MC uses the actual file.

I note that you mention DSLRs... I use a Nikon D5000, and while I've never had an issue with blurry photos during playback, my slideshows have become a whole lot smoother and more responsive after it dawned on me that I didn't need to be exporting 12 - 14 Mb jpg files out of Lightroom just for playback on the TV, so I did them all again, at around a meg-ish per picture, with no noticeable quality difference on the TV, but a way better slideshow experience.

-marko

calculadoru

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:17:55 am »

Thanks for the response, I think it had something to do with the slideshow speed, it seems to work fine now. Also noted the resolution suggestion, ta very much indeed.
D
Pages: [1]   Go Up