INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Tablet S and its IR Remote Control  (Read 4319 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sony Tablet S and its IR Remote Control
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:20:08 pm »

I bought a Sony Tablet S yesterday.  At $500, it's a little expensive, but it's also a little different.  (Amazon has it now for $400.)

It can play some PSP games, but that's not why I bought it.

It has an IR transmitter and a program (Remote Control) that can take the place of normal consumer electronics remote controls.

A few screenshots can be found here:

http://pix01.com/bu%406k29

I was able to add remote control for my receiver, TV, and PC.  For the PC, I found that I needed to remove the existing remote control codes for each key and use the "learn" function of the program with the MC Remote.  Eventually I got it working pretty well.  The other two devices were simple.  I just named the brand and the type of device and it worked.

Once set up, the remote control works reasonably well.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Sony Tablet S and its IR Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »

The device has DLNA support.  Music can be sent to MC or played from it on the device.  Images work, but not perfectly.  I haven't tried video yet.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

Hi,

any news here?

I tried to get videos working but without success so far.
Audio works really good, including throwing it back from the device to a MC-Computer. Really cool.  :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »

Video might require conversion.  MC can do that.

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:56:06 am »

Hi Jim.

As we deliver the sony tablet with our products i would apreciate if we could exchange with you about how gizmo acts with this tablet.
May be most of the behaviours are the same with others android tablets but as you have the same i am sure that it could help.

Do you prefer us to use mail or is this post convenient?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

I think Gizmo works the same on the Tablet S as on other Androids.  Do you know of a problem?

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »

I would not call these problems, but having ony the sony tablets i do not know if the behaviour we have corresponds to the current state of gizmo development or if it can be considered as bugs. i explain the first 4 points below:

1° The cover arts are refreshed one by one each time the screen scrolls even when it scrolls back as if gizmo was not able to remember the cover arts that was loaded just some seconds ago. It is the same from a session to the next, if we use the tablet and kill gizmo task, then when we launch gizmo again, it loads all icons one by one again. This is not fluid and a little bit boring.

2° Sometimes parts of the library have no more cover art and we have to kill gizmo and launch it again to get them loading again one by one.

3° We only have very poor looking icons on the gizmo home page, they are only like some kind of rectangle with a folded corner, we did not find how to get nice looking icons there

4° When we play some track or album we have the control panel buttons (play pause etc) but when we leave the playing now screen as for instance to go to the gizmo home screen the music still plays that is of course nice but the control panel desapear so that on the new screen we have no more control on the music playing. May be there is a way with some preference menu somewhere to make the control panel permanent ?

Thanks for your help.
Francis.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »

Make sure you have the latest MC17 and Gizmo.

1. I don't see any problem with cover art as you describe.   It's very quick.  Maybe a slow wireless network?

2.  No problem here.

3.  Those are the standard icons.  I don't think you can change them.

4.  That's normal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up