INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.275 beta..  (Read 8486 times)

dragyn

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.275 beta..
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2002, 05:54:31 pm »

Here are a few appearance bugs. 3D object text is going on Windows background. Also notice the status bar (IE). This is the unskinned mega-me. The status bar was skinned before skinning of mega-me was introduced. I can't see white on white. This is the only program I know of that does this. Happens in 7.x too.

There are 2 versions. One is the default xp look.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291806567

"Help" from the menu bar crashes MJ IF it is coming from another menu eg. pull down menu. Happens on my 640X480 display runing XP Pro.

gvag

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2002, 05:59:39 pm »

I posted this to a topic that is obviously being ignored, so...

1. The skin/unskin message box dialog option - don't display this message again - will not check.

2. Download Manager is always ON TOP, if it is full screen, it blocks the task bar and will not allow Alt-Tabbing to other programs.

3. If I hit play when in the middle of a track the start of the next track is choppy. I have I have gap set to .5s and stop is immediate. If I let the track play out the transition to the next one is smooth and works as per the PLAYBACK settings.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.275

CPU: Intel Pentium III 999 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 188 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

AOpen AX34-U motherboard
VIA Apollo Pro 133T chipset

To which I can now add:

1.  C|PLS||PLS| Runtime Library, Abnormal program termination.  I get this after running for about an hour or so.  Last time it happened the sound was still playing but when the track ended my system locked up, had to hardware reset.  Additional info - error in Kernel32, 017f:bff7b9a6.

2.  MJ is blocking the task bar, I can alt-tab but around but the auto-hide feature of the task bar is not working.

Cotton-Eyed|PLS|Loo

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2002, 08:39:10 pm »

So I finally moved to 8beta from 7.2. I'm happy to say it's gone very well. Much more stable than I expected - you're in good shape. I did find a bug and here it is:

Reproduce:

Create New Smart List
Add Rule Year...
Use GUI to select 0 only [I have quite a few]

The Result set included years matching:
2003 [I created this entry locally]

Have fun - and thanks for the AMAZING product (which I happily just paid for).

Steve

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2002, 06:18:44 am »

RexMadden,

If your Archos shows up as a drive letter in Explorer, we should be able to show it in MJ. Can you tell me what the volume label is for the Recorder 10. If it has the word Archos in it, it should appear. If not, can you tell me the default volume label for the Recorder 10 and I will modify MJ to be sure to show it as a supported device.

Thanks.

Steve

I have the Archos Jukebox Recorder 10. Is that a supported device? It doesn't show up in the device list even though it shows up fine in Windows Explorer. The CD-ROM drive shows up fine, by the way.

Raymond

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2002, 06:29:43 am »

>>2. Download Manager is always ON TOP, if it is full screen, it blocks the task >>bar and will not allow Alt-Tabbing to other programs

gvag,
   You can disable "On Top" by unchecking Always On Top in the Settings menu.

Ray

Mr.X

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2002, 07:50:40 am »

In TV tuner options, "Keep aspect ratio" does not stay checked. I can check it off, then go back to the options, and see it's unchecked again.

Mr.X

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2002, 07:55:40 am »

Not sure if I'm losing my mind or not, but it seems to me that previously when I selected "Rip and Encode Simultaneously", the ripping would continue while the encoding proceeded in the background, even with an external encoder. Now it waits until the external encoder has completed before ripping the next track. Seems to me that there's no advantage to "Rippin and Encoding Simultaneously" if it just waits. It would complete in the same amount of time even if it ripped all the tracks and then encoded each one, as it would do if the option were NOT selected.

Mr.X

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2002, 08:10:22 am »

Still think the TV tuner options/operation could use some work.

1. Shouldn't the options be under the "Settings/Options" button on the main menubar?
2. There are 2 "Options" menuitems in the context menu
3. Recording is started under "Options" instead of "Recording"
4. There is a "Play/Pause/Stop" menuitem, but no "Record" ??
5. Audio is not captured.
6. Recording/Capturing used as terms interchangably. Maybe pick one name and stick to it.

I expect it'll take some time to tighten up these features, so I wouldn't call the "show-stoppers".

Mr.X

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2002, 08:20:30 am »

Sorry. Audio IS captured. MJ screwed up my mixer settings and turned the "Wave" input down.

gvag

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2002, 11:48:51 am »

Raymond -
Re D/L Manager "ONTOP" missed that thanks.

It would be nice to have access to the DSP setting from within Full Screen mode.

Yaobing

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2002, 01:37:58 pm »

In TV tuner options, "Keep aspect ratio" does not stay checked. I can check it off, then go back to the options, and see it's unchecked again.

That is because that option was not implemented in 8.0.275. It will work in the next build. Thanks.

Yaobing

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2002, 01:49:00 pm »

Still think the TV tuner options/operation could use some work.
1. Shouldn't the options be under the "Settings/Options" button on the main menubar?
2. There are 2 "Options" menuitems in the context menu
3. Recording is started under "Options" instead of "Recording"
4. There is a "Play/Pause/Stop" menuitem, but no "Record" ??
5. Audio is not captured.
6. Recording/Capturing used as terms interchangably. Maybe pick one name and stick to it.

I expect it'll take some time to tighten up these features, so I wouldn't call the "show-stoppers".

Many TV option items are available only when TV is running. That is why it naturally fit in a context menu instead of main menu. It may be logistically more difficult to fit it in the main manu, but we will look into the possibility.

We have been/will be working on the other things that you listed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up