INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hang time skipping tracks  (Read 737 times)

creamyPB

• Recent member
hang time skipping tracks
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:15 am »

I'm not sure if this is a stability issue, but I've been experiencing weird hang time from MC17.

At first it's fine, but after skipping forward to the next track a few times, it will say 'Buffering...' and not go immediately to the next file. Sometimes it hangs up to 5 seconds.

This seems to happen more if I play flacs or wavs rather than mp3s, but they both do it regardless.

I turned off all of the Windows media center stuff because I read on some other thread that has been a problem before. But it hasn't solved my prob.

I've also deselected all of the MC17 options I don't use from the General section.

It seems weird to me that it would need to buffer at all, I have 6GB of RAM and don't really run any intense programs. This issue happens even if I'm running no other programs at all, which leads me to believe it's a MC17 issue.

I have a large library so I'm wondering if it will only continue to get worse as I add more music/movies. Is this due to larger file sizes? Is it simply because there's so much to sort through?

94110 files/866GB music    1309 files/1TB video    33585files/5.7GB images

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up