INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to configure Images?  (Read 917 times)

Ventoux

• Recent member
How to configure Images?
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:34:54 pm »

I'm struggling with getting my images properly configured in MC.

In my Images pane (Standard View) all of my image files are shown.
I only want my images from My Pictures folder to be shown.

My folder structure:

\\server\Pictures\year\subfoder

In the Images-> Files panes I see I can delete my music folder. But I still want my music files and their folder.jpg album art to show up ONLY when playing music. Can I delete my Music folder from the Image pane and then choose delete from library? Will this affect my Music seeing/not seeing my folder.jpg album art that has a single image in each of my Artist/Album folders?

I would really like to view my pictures in theater view and setup a few playlists, but don't want to mistakenly delete all my music from my library in the process.

How do others view their personal pictures in MC's Theater View?

Thanks

FastKayak

• World Citizen
Re: How to configure Images?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:21:51 pm »

I set up a theme folder and use my theme in place of the provided default.  Open OPTIONS, THEATER VIEW and click on THEME: DEFAULT and click on BROWSE THEME FOLDER  With the technique below you preserve the original theme and can always switch back to it.

Start by copying DEFAULT to a folder of your choice, lets say X.  Open X, create a new folder called "Playing Now" (minus the quotes of course).  Put your pictures in Playing Now and make X the current theater view theme.  Then click on ONLINE MEDIA SLIDESHOW and un-check SHOW ONLINE MEDIA SLIDESHOW IN THE VIEWS, and then click on  FADEOUT COVER ART IN THE PLAYING NOW DISPLAY and check ALWAYS.  Launch theater view and your pictures are now the background as your music plays.  Sweet!

Keep in mind this isn't a play list, that the slideshow controls in OPTIONS, IMAGES do not control when or how images change and that, of course, this method calls for you to select copies from your source folders.  That said, it works well and I recommend it. 

-- FastKayak / Larry

Ventoux

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

thanks, I'll play with that method

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »

To exclude/include certain files from views, you use the Set rules for file display item when customizing a view (in standard view, Customize the view, and look under the Settings section; in Theater view, it is under Options > Theater View, under Items to Show, and scroll down to media type and select it).

Click the Set rules for file display.  For Images, you'll see already present a Media Type is Image rule.  You can add additional rules that will preclude certain images from appearing, such as by using a portion of the folder path (eg. Filename (path) does not start with C:\Music).

Delete is not what you want to use to modify a view - instead, include or exclude items as mentioned above.

By default, MC does not include Folder.jpg and other "special" files when importing.  If you disable this in Tools > Import... > Configure Auto-Import, on a per-folder basis, it will import these images.

To add images to a view located under Audio, you'll have to Customize the view to include the desired image files (using rules, as above), and uncheck Use parent scheme rules for file display (as this causes views to inherit the rules of the parent view scheme (eg. Audio, Images, Video).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up