INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control Android playback with PC?  (Read 1458 times)

will.atkins

Control Android playback with PC?
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:45:30 pm »

Is there anyway to use MC16 running on a PC to control playback on an Android device (either running gizmo or another app).

Ideally I want to use the android as a DLNA renderer (I think) but there don't seem to be any apps which offer this functionality (there are many DLNA servers & players)

Both the PC and android are on the same network.

My pc is on my desk (where I want to control playback from) the phone is connected to the amp/speakers on the otherside of the room.

I'd rather not run a cable from the pc to speakers so previously I was just using gizmo to stream a playlist from the pc's mc.

The problem with this is that the control (play/pause/next etc.) is on the phone on the other side of the room not the pc I'm working at.

Ideally the android would appear as a zone on the pc's mc.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Control Android playback with PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »

You might check into Skifta.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:30:04 am »

You might check into Skifta.
HMMM, doesn't do it. I did a pretty extensive search and there is a lot of confused information out there. The android program needs to be a DMR. There are lots of android DMP's, and some that claim to be renderers, they are not. They are players. I couldn't find an android DMR.

monkbroc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

Try aVia. It's what I use to do exactly what you describe (push music from MC to Android connected to speakers in the kitchen). The bonus is controlling all of this from another Android phone using Gizmo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up