INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Configuration & Option Settings to use on another PC or Re-Install  (Read 6374 times)

emastroi

• Recent member

I have J Rivers already installed on my desktop PC and as everyone else does, I've change options and personalized certain things to my taste. For example, naming conventions when importing new media. I'd like to also install J Rivers on a Laptop I just bought and was wondering if there was a way to copy those exact same settings to my new install? Or if I had to go through the whole process over again from scratch?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

A backup from your existing PC can be restored on the new PC IF your locations are the same.

The topic called "Moving Files" on our wiki might help.

BTW, it's JRiver, not JRiver.

Bsack

• Recent member

Is there a way to do this?

I couldn't find anything in the wiki. There is no useful information in the "Moving Files" link;
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

The link to the wiki is just for moving the audiofiles. MJ doesn't support moving settings from one PC to another. But you can do it manually. You have to copy some registry entries (found under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox 14). You should also backup your Library (using File -> Library -> Back Up Library).

If you import your registry settings and your library backup, most settings should be kept. Maybe you have to reinstall your plugins if you have some. And you have to redownload your personal skins (or copy them from source Computer).

Bsack

• Recent member

Thanks for your reply mate. It might be easier for me to just manually change my settings in JRiver. Thanks for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up