INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with MC 17, M2Tech Hi Face Evo, and Lector Digicode 224 MkII  (Read 3304 times)

jjavan

Hi Matt,

I just noticed in my inbox that there was a message from you back in December to post my problems with J River here.  It took me aback because my problems they are legion, but I don't recall emailing you about them.

First, J River is the best Music Player for the PC.  I love it, and MC 17 is the best version yet.  Okay, now that the sucking up is out of the way here is the problem:

When I play music in J River, I use WASAPI-Event, WASAPI, KS, ASIO, and the same problem occurs: J River will either stop playing in the middle of a song, or it will jump back and forth within a 1 sec interval of the song, finally crashing and forcing me to restart.

I suspect a conflict with the driver for the M2Tech and JRiver because I have gotten BSOD on several occasions, and their system file is at the top of the screen: vadspdif64.sys

Teac is the American distributor for M2Tech, and the only help I got from their tech support was, "Uh, go look in the online manual and click the link to download KS for foobar2000 and use it instead." Thanks Teac, great customer support.

Bottom line: I've been struggling with this for a month (I literally have been spending five, six hours a night trying to solve this problem. It's interfering with my video game time. Oh, and spending time with my wife.)  

Bottom Line: I have just invested a lot of money integrating computer audio into my system. The Lector DAC is going in to the shop to have their new 24bit-192 kHz board installed in two weeks, and I just want to play hires digital music.

Let me know what other info you need.

Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Justin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with MC 17, M2Tech Hi Face Evo, and Lector Digicode 224 MkII
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54:59 am »

The HiFace has had some driver problems in the past.  Installing an older driver fixed them, as I recall.  Their web site should be helpful.

You can search here for more.  Use the advanced search.  Here's an example of what you can find:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56403.0

Our wiki has a "DAC Settings" page you could try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up