INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Complete not working for xmltv EPG config  (Read 2956 times)

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto-Complete not working for xmltv EPG config
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:13:02 pm »

As the title says, the auto-complete button in the xmltv epg setup dialog doesnt work. I noticed this before, but put it down to the fact that I was using a downloaded xmltv source rather than the OTA one and thus had slightly different channel names in the XML file to the tuned channels. I assumed that it didn't auto match the XML channel names to the tuned ones because of this difference.

However, now that I'm using EPG collector and getting the OTA EPG from the DVB transmission data, the XML channel names are identical to the tuned ones. However Auto-Complete in the EPG setup does nothing. it's only a minor annoyance at the moment as I only have about 40 or so channels that I'm interested in, so matching them manually once in a while isn't a great chore. It would be a major ball ache for a coupla hundred channels though!

SBR

Castius

Re: Auto-Complete not working for xmltv EPG config
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »

I had the same problem. I also chalked it up to not knowing what i was doing yet.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:15:21 pm »

Do you mean auto matching epg channels with TV channels in MC?  That only works for ATSC as I did not know much about how TV stations are named in DVB world.

Can you email me a list of your channels (with names) and a sample EPG XMLTV file?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:20:26 am »

Yes, sorry, the button is Auto Match - to connect the channels to the XMLTV names. 3rd pane of Load Program Guide.

email on the way in a few minutes.

SBR

mbc0

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:56 pm »

Any News On This As I When MC17 Crashes I Have To Rescan Due To All My Channels Disappearing  :-\

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 01:34:27 am »

It's working fine for me. I have just rescanned all my channels and on loading the program guide it had already auto-matched the xmltv to the channels! Very snazzy!

I am using EPG Collector which grabs the EPG over-the-air, so I would expect the match to be better than for an externally sourced xmltv file. This is for DVB-T BTW.

I haven't had the chance to try it with DVB-S yet.

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up