INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Relational field with addition nested field, Plausible??  (Read 934 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Custom Relational field with addition nested field, Plausible??
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:09:15 am »

I rely heavily upon custom flag fields..

I have recently started organising my tv shows.. I like the fact that you can make fields "Series Relational" but series relational isn't of much use to me.. I'd rather have "Season Relational"

I know why we cannot have the Season Relational ability because I could potentially have lots of season 1's that aren't of the same season...

Would this work? The ability to make a field that where you can make it's relational abilities any of the three options already available but then below where you choose a fields relational abilities there would be another list where you can choose a "Nested Relational Field", which could be potentially any other field in your library.

In a similar fashion of how we build nested views. I could then make my series relational custom flag field that has the Season field nested under it. ([Series Relational Custom Field]\[Season]).. It would in all purposes still be a series relational field but when I enter data into it, it would only go to the particular sub set of files that had the same series and season data..

This may have other uses as well but I haven't thought that much into it yet...

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up