INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs cut off at beginning  (Read 3398 times)

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
Songs cut off at beginning
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:44:08 pm »

Ok so I need some help here.  I've tried searching through the forums but I can't seem to find the answer to a simple question.  When I click on a song to listen to it, the first 1/4 of a second of the song is cut off.  An example is the very beginning of "Tom Sawyer".  When I pause it, and move to the beginning of the song using the seek bar, and then unpause, it plays from the very beginning.  Also, there is a very noticeable click when transitioning between 2 segued songs.  I am using the following settings: Switch Tracks: Gapless-Do Not Play Silence(Unchecked)-Use Gapless For Sequential Album Tracks(Checked)-Play Silence at Startup(none)-Play Tracks from Memory(Unchecked).  Otherwise, I love MC17.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Songs cut off at beginning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:46:57 pm »

Welcome.

Try setting it to play some silence at startup.  Your hardware may eat a little bit of the startup sound.

(p.s. Is your username a reference to Seinfeld?)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »

Thanks for the info. And yes, it's a combo-tribute to Seinfeld...and Monty Python! What about the click sound between segued songs? I know some players have a problem being completely gapless-there's always a slight sound in the transition.  My files are usually 192k mp3's and WMA's.  BTW it's totally awesome that MC plays Zune Marketplace songs!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 03:26:25 pm »

The click might be a Windows sound.  Try disabling them in Control Panel.

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:15 am »

Thanks!

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »

something else to check (doubt this is the issue) is go to player/preview mode and make sure play entire song is marked, and not one of the options where the song starts playing 30 seconds in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up