INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected/unwanted tag changes - what and where  (Read 794 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Unexpected/unwanted tag changes - what and where
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:59:04 am »

I upgraded my server this weekend, and part of that was goung from MC 16 to MC 17. But something's weird: Almost every time I shut down MC it will resist for a long time, saying "Saving tag changes (x remaining)". At the moment it's 1 remaining, like it's been for the last five minutes. I don't dare to kill the process because that probably means that it will mess up the music file it's working with. But if it's still like this in an hour I'll have to.

And I haven't initiated any tag changes, so I really wonder what mischief it's up to with my dear music library. I really hate the thought of it messing up what I've spent hours and hours writing in, partly manually and partly with the tag tools. Is there anything new in MC that should cause this? I'm on version .64, which I downloaded yesterday. And where can I see (after MC's been shut down and restarted) what files it has been tagging? Part from doing a search outside MC with files changed the last few days, of course.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Unexpected/unwanted tag changes - what and where
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:53:25 am »

Had to kill it. Couldn't wait any longer. I did a search on the disk, and it seems like it was chewing on a short podcast it downloaded today, since that's the last file that's been changed. Weird thing is that there is absolutely no pattern to what MC17 seems to change tags on. I have listened to a few of the tracks just to check if the audio is changed, but it doesn't seem like it. They do not seem to be re-encoded either, so it's pure tag changes. And I have compared one of the files in "old" and "new" version to my backup, and it seems like what it's done is to put cover art inside the file. I thought all settings where migrated through the library, but that one obviously isn't. But at least I found it and I have removed the tick in the "Also store image in the file's tag" box. So I hope I'll be rid of this now.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up