INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I change the wording in Web Gizmo feedback fields?  (Read 1722 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Can I change the wording in Web Gizmo feedback fields?
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:34 am »

I have gonethrough the HTML pages and changed the wording to what I like it to be (mostly a translation). But there are fields where I can't do that, and that is the feedback fields. For instance "Playing to" and the zone name. I have changed the rest of the "click here to change" into a very easy understandable form of Norwegian (think about the languague you would use to explain it for your mother), but the "Playing to" part (like some other stuff here and there), which is designated [Mode.Display]. So is there a place where I can sneak in what I'd like to call it or would that demand a full translation? I tried to search for "playing to" in the languague folder, but that did not work. I know I'm doing icing on the cake now, but such a nice cake deserves icing!  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I change the wording in Web Gizmo feedback fields?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

I don't think you can change it at the moment.

So what's the story?  You've been in sleep mode for months and all of a sudden, bang!  You're all over WebGizmo.  Is it the darkness there or does it solve a problem you never knew you had?  

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 10:57:16 am »

He-he! You're impressively quick today... And yes, I am being a pain in the ass these days. Long story, but basically it stems from me having had a system that has been humming along perfectly for so long (with NetRemote control through laptops and Windows Mobile 6.5 phones) that I really didn't want to change anything. But the gadget list in the family has increased, everybody's got their own Android tablets now. And I have built fully serviced zones in the guest room and kitchen as well.

So when I had to rebuild the main server in the house (well, more like wanted to...went from Q6600 to an i7 with SSD both on the main OS and the virtual machines - the damned thing really flies!!!) I decided to experiment a bit. And I found out how to use DNS to transfer a web browser to the correct computer with a one word URL. So if you now type in "gjesterom" (guest room), "kino" (home theater) or "bar" (yeah, well, you know what that means...) in the address bar you'll get to the main server, which has the zones downstairs through amps that are together with the server and HDPC in a server rack. If you type in the name of any room upstairs (kitchen, living room, and six others plus the one on the patio) you'll get to the media server (which is up in the attic, along with all the amps for those zones in a wooden DYI rack system).

So I figured I could probably even teach my parents to put on music from their youth, and classical and jazz, with their laptops if I could make the Gizmo setup easy enough and just tell them to type in "gjesterom" and choose music. So what I'm looking for now is to streamline the last parts of that system. Oh, and I recently took over my parent's cabin by the sea in my old home town, but they have the right to use it four weeks every year. So I'm duplicating the server and putting an exact copy there, which means that they can use the same music and stuff there as they can when they visit me. The rest of the control is now in Girder as the backend for IR remotes with Next Generation Remote Extenders, which transfer IR to RF and then back to IR again with a replacement battery - ingenious stuff! Much better then the old Powermid system where you had to point to the right place. So that's the main story.  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:52 am »

That's a great story.  Thanks.

I suppose your parents realize that they've produced a mutant.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:06:18 am »

They've known that for 44 years. Since I was two years old and said my first words: "What?! Isn't any multi-zone audio playback software created yet? Somebody better get coding here!"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:59 am »

A little technical note is that you can put words or phrases in curly braces { } in the HTML and the translation engine will translate them.  We should do for all the default strings on the default pages, but haven't yet.

Here's a little more on the HTML engine (it's a source code comment, so ignore anything that doesn't make sense):
Code: [Select]
Anything in brackets [] is replaced as a token with a call to GetTokenValue(...).

Tokens that end with Count (i.e. ArtistCount, ZoneCount, etc.) are replaced first so they can be used in for
loops.  Token names follow the convention Class(Index).Variable(Index) where class and index are both
optional.  Some examples would be:
[Name]
[Zone(1).DisplayName]
[Zone(0).Name(2)]

Anything in curly braces {} is translated using the translation engine.

For loops can be coded (with math) like:
<!-- begin: loop(z, 0, [ZoneCount] - 1) -->
... loop code where [z] gets replaced with index ...
<!-- end: loop -->

If statements can be coded (with math) like:
<!-- begin: if([z] < [ZoneCount]) -->
... code that gets included only if condition is met ...
_T("<!-- else -->")
... optional code that gets included if condition is not met ...
<!-- end: if -->
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:55 am »

Thanks, Matt! So if I understand you correctly that means that if I can sit on my hands for a while it will be possible to do the translation for all regular text in the HTML files when this function is getting closer to finished status?

How about backgrounds and colors of the pages? I don't understand CSS, only HTML. But it seems to me like the CSS is controlling the colors and stuff, right?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

That's correct.  It's the "style sheet".

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »

Thanks! Figured as much... I may need some quality time with a book about CSS here. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up