INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dsp studio issue  (Read 2199 times)

sgudmundson

• Recent member
dsp studio issue
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:22:31 pm »

so, I'm trying to open my dsp studio, and i opens, just it's a tiny box that i cant stretch to see more.  When i maximize it there's nothing but a message that says "no display available."  I cant move this window around or anything, just minimize it completly.  Do i have to re-install??  Can't fighure this one out.  Please help if anyone knows how to fix this.  Thanks in advance

sgudmundson

• Recent member
Re: dsp studio issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »

so, i can add plugins such as neo 6 decoder, or paradigm eq,  but still says "no display available" in the main part of the window.  i really just want to get to the dsp studio options, eg: channel selection, etc...

sgudmundson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:54:26 am »

am i not suposed to be able to switch # of channels as well as other options besides the plug-ins,? which is all i seem to have access to at this time.  I have literally tried everything short of a re-install, from going into every nook and cranny of mc16 to messing with my computer's audio setup. I'm stuck!

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:25:58 am »

I am not certain what you are clicking on to get what you are seeing, but it should say "DSP Studio" on the top title bar of the window. The window for Plug-Ins is a different window all together and if it says "Plun-In Manager" on the title bar you are in the wrong place.

When I click on the DSP Studio (right-most button next to Repeat and Shuffle) I get a drop-down menu with option for DSP Studio. That opens a new window that offers functions along the left side (Effects, Volume Leveling, Analyzer, Room Correction, etc) and it changes size depending upon which of these functions I select.

It is one of the images displayed on the Wiki here: http://www.jriver.com/audio.html
(I think it is like the 3rd one, just before the headphone image)

The window for Plug-Ins is a different window all together
. . . the game is rigged

sgudmundson

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:18 pm »

yes!  that is the screen i want.  I may have changed some config by accident and now i can get what you, or the rest of the world see's.  I'm running  asio so bitrate isn't an issue but would like to have access to it again.  Super frustrating.  Here's a link to what i'm seeing  http://www.pix01.com/gallery/1E80626E-1E10-4410-BF6A-D9A44C9FB676/dsp_studio_not_working/  it shows exactly what i see. 

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:45:48 pm »

I am not familiar with that skin, but it looks to me like the stock DSP functions were removed leaving only the Nero plug-in (which I assume you installed?). Is that correct?
. . . the game is rigged

sgudmundson

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:10:44 pm »

yes, i installed the neo 6 plugin just cause, to see if anything actually worked in the window. the skin is gold lp but it was the same prior to changing the skin.  So how would i go about re-installing it, the dsp studio that is and not the whole thing as i'd have to save all my music somewhere else and re-install the whole thing..  is this my only option?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »

I am not certain that re-installing Media Center would replace the 'stock' DSP functions, but fully I expect it would (been a long time since I did a re-install, and was not for your same reason).

First, if you perform a library back-up before the uninstall you will not have to redo your whole library as you can restore all your music data (and the actual music files are not removed in the uninstall/re-install process, so they will still be in the same place they are now).
. . . the game is rigged

sgudmundson

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

just did all that, was a little worried about losing stuff but it all worked out!  whew!! glad that's over.  Thanks for your help and happy listening
Pages: [1]   Go Up