INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems w ASIO playback in latest versions  (Read 1148 times)

joh

• World Citizen
Problems w ASIO playback in latest versions
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:34:07 am »

Running 17.0.62 on computer w/ M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192 soundcard running W7x64. The other week I for the 1st time experienced audio-problems: I get a slight and increasing 'echo' - it seems almost like either the two different channels are slightly out-of-sync or that I get two 'sound streams' started one after the other. When I change to running event style WASAPI (on the built in 'soundcard'), this problem disappears (as far as I can tell, the M-Audio soundcard does not support WASAPI), however another strange thing happen irregularly - when I start playing a track, I sometimes get a very short (< 1 sec) 'sound-bite', after which it becomes silent for a short time and then the track starts playing from start again and continues as it should. Any suggestions?

Olle

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems w ASIO playback in latest versions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:17:59 am »

The second problem can probably be solved by adjusting the settings for the audio mode you use.  Just read them carefully.

The echo is odd.  I don't know the answer.

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:41 am »

Thanks, Jim. I increased the parameter "Play silence at startup for hw sync" to 1 sec and that seemed to have done the trick for the second problem. /OLle

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »

as far as I can tell, the M-Audio soundcard does not support WASAPI

Is is actually possible for a correctly implemented audio device not to support WASAPI in the Windows 7 environment?

An application can choose not to, but I thought that such support was implicit in an audio device that had correctly implemented W7 drivers.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »

Open the M-Audio Control Panel and reset the settings.  The control panel for my M-Audio FW410 has options to "load" "save" "reset" settings.  Do a reset to get back to a clean default setting.  I assume the Delta Audiophile 192 has a similar option in its driver settings.

I suspect you may have changed something in the driver settings that affects routing or monitoring.  Maybe one of the monitoring outputs getting routed back to an input causing an echo delay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up