INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does import always analyze the entire library regardless of settings?  (Read 1158 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have auto-import set to check 1 folder only (C:\User\Account\Cooking).
All checkmarks are disabled for the other features.
I added one text file to the Cooking folder and ran import.
MC analyzes the entire library and then tells me that it has removed all files on the network (no doubt because I set "fix broken links" to NO) rather than Yes (protect network files).

The thing is, alot of the times all I want is for MC to import from a single folder. I don't want it to take the time to go through my entire database.
What I've been doing to avoid that is to find the files in Explorer, select, right-click and Import into MC. At least this is quick.

Can't there be an option within MC to just import the single folder and leave the rest of the database alone?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

+1

rick.ca

Can't there be an option within MC to just import the single folder and leave the rest of the database alone?

Isn't that what Tools > Import > Import a single folder does?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

not sure what version lise is on, i'm on 16 and mine has always analyzed whole library as well. Takes quite a bit of time with a large library.
Mine also ALWAYS hangs on updating thumbnails at (from what i've noticed) 2,6,7,14... but after it has gotten the first 20 thumbnails then it flies! Lise. do you experience that too?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day

Isn't that what Tools > Import > Import a single folder does?

I just checked, and yes, it does only import that one folder, and does not continue to scan the rest of the library.

I think lise may be running Tools > Import > Run Auto-Import now, which does scan the entire library, regardless of what folders are set to Auto-Import (I just ran that also, just to confirm, and it's still scanning the library after a couple of minutes, and updating 1838 thumbnails.  I'm not sure why, I don't think I have that many that need updated, but that's another matter :))

This is with version .65, but I suspect it's also true with most/all of v17
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up