INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OFF TOPIC to ZEVELE  (Read 902 times)

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
OFF TOPIC to ZEVELE
« on: March 21, 2003, 04:50:33 pm »

What did you think of the Rock and Roll hall of Fame awards? It was great to see The Clash go in but Man, I am really feeling old. I remember when they were a band that no one knew and people were telling me "How can you listen to that garbage?" Times really change..Listening to Sandinista today and while that was a record that I didn't care for when it first came out it really grows on you.. talk about being ahead of their time   :)
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

zevele10

Re: OFF TOPIC to ZEVELE
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 01:05:05 pm »

How can you listen to that garbage?"

Because they been listening at the fantastic s-h-i-t prog is ,kansas,yes,elp and so on.
And Clash was pure Rock&Roll , not for this people.

Punk is the greatest time in my music life.
Because it was in Europe. I saw all the bands-minus Sex Pistol- got all the records.
Unlike to get one Velvet lp  many years after and - mind you - only a double compilation.
I met many bands  who been very open . I used to travel to London every 2 week-end to see concerts.
But ,as you say ,we start to be not anymore teenagers since few weeks.
Anyway Clash is a great Rock band ,London calling one of the best Rock$Roll albums ever.
I must had say it allready ,but i saw them 11 times in concert.

Sandistina was quitte strange when out.
I did listen to it not long ago ,and yes it is a good album.
I would have play it today after seing your post ,but my turnable is dead ,or close to.
Do you remember they shows?
The crow very tense ,no lights and they come,at the edge of the stage and ..IT STARTS !
Wahou! I would like so much to see again a band like it
Did you ever see the Heartbreakers?
I mean ,not before they stay in London- i saw them in New York at this time- but after.
They had also a great show

PS do you know 'The Cruzados' ? I like very much this band

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
Re: OFF TOPIC to ZEVELE
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 04:44:06 pm »

I saw The Heartbreakers a few times at Max's Kansas City, sometimes they were good and at other times sloppy. It all depended on how screwed up Johnny Thunders was. The 1st time I saw The Clash was at the Palladium before they turned that into a nightmare dance place. They were fantastic and they had Bo Diddley open up for them. Man, that was great! I never heard of The Cruzados, is that a new band?
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson
Pages: [1]   Go Up