INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Config Files  (Read 1046 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center Config Files
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:35:52 pm »

I am about to rebuild my HTPC and am going through a backup process.  For MC17, where are the config files stored?  I know where the library is but there must be other files holding all of the options selected.  Is it the stuff in User/Appdata/Roaming/J River/Media Center 17/?  If I back this up then replace it after the rebuild, will I have everything as before?

There is nothing in the wiki on this.  It might be a useful new topic.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

MrHaugen

Re: Media Center Config Files
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »

Library Backup will contain all of your configurations. JRiver stores the config in registry, so you CAN export this. But it's not recommended. It might ** up if you get a newer version and import an old reg file. The backup should work very well. backup always contains the config, but you can select whether to restore it or not.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

NickF

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

Many thanks, MrHaugen.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »

I have done the rebuild and the library backup worked perfectly. My library and all my configs seem to be intact.  It's a bit of a nerve wracking process but now I can enjoy my media again.   :D

Nick.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:43:09 pm »

I used to always do it manually, but then I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Backup.   ;) ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up