INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear Stack Tag?  (Read 1589 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Clear Stack Tag?
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:23:57 am »

Copied from an earlier thread

There are four elements to a stack:

The first three are hidden fields, used internally by MC to maintain the stacks database. [Stack Tag] is exposed to the end user, but only as a read only field.

[Stack Top] is a seemingly randomly generated eight digit number that is given to every file in a given stack.
[Stack Files] are more eight digit numbers, one for each file in the stack, and this info is only held by the "top of stack" file.
[Stack View] determines whether the stack is expanded or collapsed.
[Stack Tag] as far as I can tell, is used purely for internal management of the Handheld Cache.

Short Version:

Is there any way to clear the read only [Stack Tag] field?

Long Version:

I'm having issues with my audio stacks constantly auto-expanding. I don't feel like troubleshooting it, so I've decided to simply hide bottom stack members in my views.

The easiest way I can find to do this is by excluding the converted tracks for the handheld sync.

-[Stack Tag]=[Conversion]

However, I have numerous tracks that I converted from another file type, by which they achieved the [Stack Tag]=[Conversion] achievement  :P

I found one workaround: I can copy the tracks, import them and then replace the originals free of the Conversion tag. However, the process is time intensive and prone to mistakes.

Is there an easier way?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Clear Stack Tag?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

I don't know how to clear the property.

You can unstack the files, and exclude the set you don't want to see from views.  Either use the converted files location as the basis for exclusion, or the file type, or Stack Tag=[HH Conversion].
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:55:08 pm »

I don't know how to clear the property.

You can unstack the files, and exclude the set you don't want to see from views.  Either use the converted files location as the basis for exclusion, or the file type, or Stack Tag=[HH Conversion].

Oh well. I'll use my workaround for now.

It would be handy if MC would distinguish between manual file conversions and automated conversion for syncing purposes (The HH conversion tag doesn't appear to be in use anymore ). 

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »

It would be handy if MC would distinguish between manual file conversions and automated conversion for syncing purposes (The HH conversion tag doesn't appear to be in use anymore ). 

When I do a manual conversion, the [Stack Tag] does not get set to the value HH Conversion.

When I sync files to an HH, and lower resolution files must be created, these cached files have [Stack Tag] set to HH Conversion.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »

I'm using the conversion settings to always convert to 192 kbps mp3s (so I can apply Volume Leveling).

It creates filenames and Stack Tags like these:

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:15 pm »

Interesting.  I tried disabling the cache, and when I do a sync, this time the tag is completely empty.  I've not been able to get only the word "Conversion", always nothing or "HH Conversion".

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 05:12:49 am »

You can manipulate the field using an edited mpl file, but I have not been able to clear it this way, only change its contents.

I tried a simple space, but it didn't take.
I tried 0, and it made the field literally, 0
I tried <empty>, and it did nothing.

I have 12 files in my cache with "Conversion", the other 8000-odd files are all "HH Conversion".

I removed the stack tag jmd file from the library directory. The stacks appeared to remain intact, all the stack tag info was gone. I did not then follow this on with a hand held sync. I guess this would recreate the library file, but I'm not sure how MC would handle the sync.

-marko

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33:22 am »

You can manipulate the field using an edited mpl file, but I have not been able to clear it this way, only change its contents.

I tried a simple space, but it didn't take.
I tried 0, and it made the field literally, 0
I tried <empty>, and it did nothing.

I have 12 files in my cache with "Conversion", the other 8000-odd files are all "HH Conversion".

I removed the stack tag jmd file from the library directory. The stacks appeared to remain intact, all the stack tag info was gone. I did not then follow this on with a hand held sync. I guess this would recreate the library file, but I'm not sure how MC would handle the sync.

-marko

I suspect I'm getting the "Conversion" tag because I chose Audio mode:always convert in the Conversion settings.

I got rid of all the "Conversion" tags on my top stack items using Rename Copy and Move. Copied the files to a temp folder, deleted the originals and then moved the copies back into original folder location. Ran auto-import, and I was finished.

Coincidentally, the problem with all my stacks auto-expanding hasn't appeared since the operation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up