INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album View - Media Jukebox  (Read 783 times)

nila

Album View - Media Jukebox
« on: May 14, 2002, 05:09:46 am »

Hiya,

I'm sure everyone's realising what a great plugin AV is and everyone loves it.
What would be REALLY nice is a little button that I could add to the toolbar that would be a shortcut link to AV.
I doubt it'd take much work and I'm sure it'd be hugely useful to ALOT of people.
Would it be possible to slip such a button in before v8 is done?

Thanks

DocLotus

RE:Album View - Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 05:55:32 am »

Me too!

I would like to see an AV button on the MJ toolbar.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 06:04:03 am »

Thinking beyond AV... it would be a great addition to the Interface Plugin architecture to allow plugins to install their own toolbar button (maybe even menu items?).

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2002, 08:28:00 am »

I have seen other programs install their own buttons into major programs such as Word, Excel, etc... why not AV?  I have also seen other programs make modifications to Word, & Excel command structure so I know these things can be done.  Hay, its only software & we programmers are smart.. right?

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2002, 08:56:14 am »

The idea is great, but it means a lot of modifications of the code and as you all know we are trying to release v8.

Please add it to the wishlist and we will try to implement it in next version.

Nikolay

nila

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2002, 03:48:22 pm »

Nikolay,
Just out of curiosity,
The reason I simply suggested the single button for AV is because I fully realise you guys are hurrying to get v8 final out.
I agree that adding the ability for any plugin to add an icon would take a lot of work but would it take much just to add a single one for AV?
If yes then dont worry, if no then could it be a consideration to quickly throw one in as even on this form AV is used tons, when the final is out and you guys have that many more people using it I'd imagine AV is gonna get used a LOT.

p.s. - I just purchased v8 today and it's definitely a productive use of my cash.
Dont regret giving you guys my cash at all (unless I end up finishing my 6 then I'll be crying).

Great program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up