INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning .WAV files onto CD-R not recognized format  (Read 1464 times)

woodenshoes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
burning .WAV files onto CD-R not recognized format
« on: March 24, 2003, 08:57:12 am »

I'm using MJ 8.0.388 currently, and burn MP3s to CD-R all the time, with very little trouble.

I've recently recorded a number of short voice files (from 2 seconds to 4 minutes) to an Olympus Digital Wave Player.  this player allows me to download from the device to my Win2000 PC, and saves the files as .wav files, which I've imported into MJ.

Now I'm trying to burn those wav files onto a CD-R, but it keeps telling me it's an unrecognizable file format.  I've also tried buring with a Nero burning program, and it too doesn't recognize the files, even though they are saved as .WAV.

I've tried to convert to APE but that program wont allow the import of wav files (go figure) for conversion....

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: burning .WAV files onto CD-R not recognized fo
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 11:06:22 am »

Within MJ, have you tried converting to APE and then back to wave format? It could be the wave header is missing or in non-standard format. Do they play ok in MJ?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

rocketsauce

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 11:13:31 am »

I think the problem is probably that the files are at too low of a resolution, ie., they are not at 44100Hz 16-bit stereo, which is what is required to burn an audio cd.

You could try converting them to the proper wav format  using a sound editing program.

Rob

woodenshoes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 02:34:16 pm »

You are right - they show as being at 22kHz, which is the highest quality my sound recorder allows.
What program would you suggest for conversion?  The APE program won't convert a .WAV file to APE for whatever reason.   Thanks!  

rocketsauce

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 12:09:36 pm »

If you're using MJ8, there is the Media Editor program that is included. You can find the shortcut to it in your Start/Programs/Media Jukebox folder. You can convert the files by opening them in Media Editor and then choosing Tools/Format Converter. The parameters should be set to

Sample Rate: 44100
Bit Depth: 16
Channels: 2

It doesn't look like Media Editor has a batch mode, so if you have a lot of files, this could be a little tedious, as you have to do them one at a time. You could do a Google search for a free audio editor called Audacity. I've seen it recommended quite a bit at Hydrogen Audio forums. I don't know whether or not it has a batch mode, though.

Also, before you convert them all, I would do a few of different durations and see if they are recognized by your burning software. I use Feurio, and it won't let me burn a track shorter than 4 seconds. So, there might also be an issue if the duration of the clips is to short, ie., less than 4 seconds.

Rob

Also, when I say convert, I'm not talking about converting the wav files to another format (like APE, or MP3), I'm talking about converting them to higher resolution wav files. So, your going to put a wav file in and get a wav file out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up