INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ongoing license problem  (Read 1244 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Ongoing license problem
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:38:16 pm »

My license file isn't working for some reason, and it hasn't for months.  I've posted here several times, but I keep getting the same advice and it isn't working.

I keep using the restore option, but there aren't many left.  I have my MJR file, and I even have entered my e-mail address to receive a new copy of the MJR file (it's the same one) as recently as today.  If I "restore license from file", I keep getting the message that it's an "invalid license; error code=21", and I'm stuck here.  This happens even when I use a new requested copy.

If I restore from internet, I get the option to "click on the above link to install it", or choose "Target/Save As."  I've tried both, but no matter what I do it's an invalid license.  I need to get this figured out.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ongoing license problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 01:52:31 pm »

Restoring from the mjr file (Install Key) can only be done in the first 14 days.

When you say this:
If I restore from internet, I get the option to "click on the above link to install it", or choose "Target/Save As."  I've tried both, but no matter what I do it's an invalid license.  I need to get this figured out.  Thanks.
Exactly what do you do and exactly what happens?  Do NOT post your license here.

Someone else recently had a problem that turned out to be that they were running the license from their desktop instead of the program.

Also, there is a bug in Firefox (?) that renames the mjr file as an exe.  That causes problems.

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »

I'm using IE8.  This is actually MC 13 I'm trying to restore.  I'm about to buy 17.  Sorry for the confusion.

I open MC 13 and click Restore.  I have the choice to "Restore from Internet" or "Restore License from file".  If I choose the first option, I can enter my REgistration Code, which I'm doing.  I do this, and I get the IE message "To protect your security, IE blocked..."  I right click and choose download file, and it lets me save the new file over the old MJR (same name).

Then I choose to "Restore License from file" and choose that file.  It tells me that the license is invalid, and error 21.

Maybe if I just load 17 it will take care of this.  BTW, thought I had purchased 16.  Do you have a record of that? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:25:24 pm »

I'm using IE8.  This is actually MC 13 I'm trying to restore.  I'm about to buy 17.  Sorry for the confusion.

I open MC 13 and click Restore.  I have the choice to "Restore from Internet" or "Restore License from file".  If I choose the first option, I can enter my REgistration Code, which I'm doing.  I do this, and I get the IE message "To protect your security, IE blocked..."  I right click and choose download file, and it lets me save the new file over the old MJR (same name).
At that point, find the file and execute it by double clicking on it.  That's the Install Key and it is good for 14 days.

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

When I double click on the MJR file, it tells me to locate a program associated with it.  It's not an executable.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »

That would normally be MC.

Install MC17 and try again.  I think it will install the MC13 license, which will let you purchase at the $26.98 price.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »

When I double click on the MJR file, it tells me to locate a program associated with it.  It's not an executable.
Right click the mjr file and choose open with - select program in the open with window click browse and navigate to the MC 13 folder and select PackageInstaller
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up