INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAV CUVID Inclusion in LAV Decoder  (Read 1276 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
LAV CUVID Inclusion in LAV Decoder
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:24:38 am »

It seems to me that the CUVID is incorporated into the LAV Video Decoder, correct? I have it set to RO-HQ and when I right-click to check the filters I just see the MadVR and LAV Source Splitter.

Since the LAV Audio/Video decoder is automatically configured, then that should mean the CUVID is active as well. In checking with the Nvidia Inspector I am seeing that the VPU is about 45% while CPU usage is under 10%. Playing a 1080p 24 video source as my test video, it looks like CUVID is working.

I guess what I can do from here on out is do all of my media playing in MC, and just do my TV viewing (Ceton) on WMC. Setup a shortcut on the Harmony to open MC (after closing WMC first) so should be good for the time being.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: LAV CUVID Inclusion in LAV Decoder
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:12 am »

LAV CUVID is integrated into LAV.  It is used if you enable hardware acceleration in Options > Video.  Of course you must have eligible nVidia hardware for it to be used.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Re: LAV CUVID Inclusion in LAV Decoder
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:08:08 pm »

LAV CUVID is integrated into LAV.  It is used if you enable hardware acceleration in Options > Video.  Of course you must have eligible nVidia hardware for it to be used.

Right, I have the GTS 450 in my main HTPC, so obviously its working according to nvidia inspector.
Pages: [1]   Go Up