INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tmdb cover art in .73  (Read 1977 times)

yano

tmdb cover art in .73
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:08 pm »

I just upgraded from .71 to .73 tonight and was trying to add some new movies...

There is no longer any cover art showing up for themoviedb.org entries.  However, the information panel is populated.  If I select another entry from rottentomatoes or wikipedia, etc. = cover art works fine.  Same behavior on titles already in library that previously had covert art retrieved from TMDB.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: tmdb cover art in .73
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »

I've been seeing the same behaviour since yesterday too.

Trill304

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »

I am also no longer seeing art from TMDb since upgrading.  Art from Rotten Tomatoes and Wikipedia still shows up however

Bricktop

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »

I have this same issue. I am amazed at how quick this feature was added after it was declared it would be...bravo guys. I would like to request the option to select which poster to use when doing a manual update on a per movie basis from TMDB please, since the first poster is not always the one I would have chosen.

Thank you,
Bricktop

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:15:08 am »

This is fixed in 17.0.75, which will be available in a few minutes.

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:31:34 pm »

Matt, I think Get cover art from internet is not working at all at the moment, even in version 75. I can check again tonight, or using logmein if I get a chance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:58 pm »

Matt, I think Get cover art from internet is not working at all at the moment, even in version 75. I can check again tonight, or using logmein if I get a chance.

It's working for audio and television shows here.

You get movie artwork using the 'Get Movie & TV Info...' tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:56 pm »

Ah, that would explain it- sorry!

Now I have a problem, though. I have ~650 movies. I got all the info for them during build 73, but of course no cover art was downloaded. Then I saw the mess that the [genre] tag was filled with (you've probably read me lamenting about this elsewhere), so I manually went through and fixed as many as possible. Now they're lacking cover art, and I was hoping to get just these, without rerunning the 'get info' for multiple files, because that doesn't give the option of getting art only. I guess I'll use my new work around of copying [name] and [genre] to a new field, getting info again, and then moving my custom name and genre entries back to [name] and [genre].

Or can you suggest another way?

Do you think extending get cover art (only) to movies would be useful to others too, who don't want to mess with their existing data?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:14:01 pm »

@ fitbrit
In the get movie and tv info window there are check boxes for use image and use information
Sean

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »

Thanks for updating so quickly Matt.  Very impressive.

It would be nice to have that tick box available at the point of mass import also.  I have all of my data from pvd, but am not particularly happy with some images.  A bulk image update would be great.

When looking up information for the movie 50/50, tmdb returns nothing (wikipedia does).  When the search term is changed to 50 50, tmdb returns the movie 50/50.  Seems to be some issue with the slash in the search term on tmdb?

Thanks

PS is there a designated thread for noting such little oddities in carnac and lookup?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

Or can you suggest another way?

I'm not positive right now, it's been changing pretty quickly, but I think the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool will only grab 'missing' information, and you can now run it on multiple files at once.

So, you should be able to select 2-3 files (to test first) and use the tool, and it should grab just the cover, but should not change any of your other tags.

It's possible it won't do anything if you have "Description" filled, so if the test above fails, you could delete the descriptions and try again.

Once you're comfortable it's working how you like, do all 650

I might first copy the entries to your 'safe' custom name and genre fields, just to be extra safe ;)
pretend this is something funny

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »

I'm not positive right now, it's been changing pretty quickly, but I think the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool will only grab 'missing' information, and you can now run it on multiple files at once.

So, you should be able to select 2-3 files (to test first) and use the tool, and it should grab just the cover, but should not change any of your other tags.

It's possible it won't do anything if you have "Description" filled, so if the test above fails, you could delete the descriptions and try again.

Once you're comfortable it's working how you like, do all 650

I might first copy the entries to your 'safe' custom name and genre fields, just to be extra safe ;)

No, I checked this earlier on some other bulk look-ups. If you do a manual look-up on multiple items it WILL overwrite genre and other (all?) tags.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »

@ fitbrit
In the get movie and tv info window there are check boxes for use image and use information

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, there's no option to select info only or cover art only when you do a look up on multiple files, which is what I was trying to convey.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »

PS is there a designated thread for noting such little oddities in carnac and lookup?
Carnac comments could go here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67469.0

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 03:13:02 pm »

No, I checked this earlier on some other bulk look-ups. If you do a manual look-up on multiple items it WILL overwrite genre and other (all?) tags.

Yeah, you're correct.  running it manually will overwrite, but upon auto-import it doesn't. 

17.0.73 (1/23/2012)

7. Changed: When looking up movie & TV information automatically as part of auto-import, fields with existing data will never be overwritten (manually running the tool will overwrite existing data).

I do find this somewhat "weird" behavior, since there really shouldn't be anyting to overwrite when you're first importing a file.  ?  :P

I suppose if you deleted them from your library, and reimported them that might work?

I think the easiest/fastest is what you suggested.  Copy the "good" tags to a custom field, run the tool, then copy the good tags back to the stock fields.

Sorry :(
pretend this is something funny

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 03:15:32 pm »

Yeah, you're correct.  running it manually will overwrite, but upon auto-import it doesn't. 

I do find this somewhat "weird" behavior, since there really shouldn't be anyting to overwrite when you're first importing a file.  ?  :P

I suppose if you deleted them from your library, and reimported them that might work?

I think the easiest/fastest is what you suggested.  Copy the "good" tags to a custom field, run the tool, then copy the good tags back to the stock fields.

Sorry :(

No problem. It doesn't take too long to do the additional work - as long as one remembers. Hopefully, we've identified a way MC can be improved (getting cover art only in bulk) - a good outcome from a bug report if implemented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up