INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network player keeps vanishing  (Read 1065 times)

billg

• Recent member
Network player keeps vanishing
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:00:18 pm »

Hi folks, I'm trying to use Media Center as server to play to my PS Audio DAC over ethernet.
Although the DAC is present on my network (pings successfully) I have great trouble getting it to appear as a player in Media Center. It is there but Media Center doesn't see it.
When it does appear it often drops off pretty quickly.

I recently upgraded to Media Center 17.0.68.0 and this is when it started to go wrong. Might be related, maybe not.
I've tried a lot of things, sometimes a network power cycle followed by a (sometimes lengthy) wait will fix it.

Can anyone please help, I'm getting desperate!

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Network player keeps vanishing
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:28 am »

I recently upgraded to Media Center 17.0.68.0 and this is when it started to go wrong. Might be related, maybe not.
I can't comment if 17.0.68 was what caused the break for you. However they did make big improvements in 17.0.72 concerning network discovery. So I suggest to download the latest version...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »

Yes - I updated MC yesterday to 17.0.73. But the same thing is happening today.
BTW I am playing via Twonky with no problems. So it appears to be an issue with the MC detection (and retention).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:18:39 am »

Yes - I updated MC yesterday to 17.0.73. But the same thing is happening today.
BTW I am playing via Twonky with no problems. So it appears to be an issue with the MC detection (and retention).
Are you running multiple DLNA services on the same PC as MC? (i.e) Twonky. You might try turning them off and see if it makes a difference. Also, test disabling the firewall on the MC PC. At this point we just need more info. As Andrew said, the build 72 and newer should work much better for detecting devices, since it doesn't I think we need to look elsewhere for the trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up