INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE to FLAC Conversion  (Read 2426 times)

mp3jockey

• Recent member
APE to FLAC Conversion
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »

..No, I do not want comments as to which is "better".  Converted my CD's to APE files years ago, and have been a very happy camper.  Am looking to use Sonos wireless speakers, which can stream FLAC but no APE.
 Can MC17 do this?  If so, what is the best practice for converting 5K+ APE files ( 700-800GB) within MC17?

Maybe you have another/better idea for wireless speakers?  I can use my Ipad, and using Webplay and external(powered)speakers accomplish having music in a room where it would be inconveinient to run RJ45, although I could...Kinda scares me to use something other than MC (17), been using since version 8 or so...I would rather stick with MC...Sonos is expensive..I could build an ITX WinBlos PC using zotac BB, then load MC on it, and mount it on the back of a large speaker..maybe I am going about this all wrong...
Any suggestions, comments would be welcome...

Thanks

jock

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: APE to FLAC Conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:41 pm »

Right click your files and select Library Tools > Convert Format.  Set the Encoder and Options.  You probably want to store the files next to the originals, adding them to the library.  Keep the originals until your satisfied with the FLAC versions.  Then you can delete the APE files when ready.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mp3jockey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

Thanks, MrC...

jock

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:21:06 pm »

If you've got a relatively powerful Nvidia/recent AMD graphic card, you can try using FlacCL which uses GPU routines to accelerate encoding. It also allows some higher compression settings to be used (about 3% smaller file size) at the expense of some compatibility.

Thought I'd share since you're doing a rather large job and that could save you quite a bit of time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up