INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting windows PC server desktop cloned on iPad?  (Read 3682 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Getting windows PC server desktop cloned on iPad?
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:27:35 am »

Whats the easiest way of having my desktop cloned onto an iPad?

I can obviously download MC17 onto iPad and use it as a client, Windows PC as server plugged into my TV.

But sometimes i may for instance play a video file, and it pops up with a message (on my tv) that needs to be clicked on before the video can play, this message means i would have to get up, go to my mouse to click on it, but if my desktop was cloned i could do it all from iPad.

Cheers!

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting windows PC server desktop cloned on iPad?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:09:47 am »

I use spashtop remote:
http://www.splashtop.com/remote

In addition to providing a remote desktop, its so fast I can play anything in my mc library on the ipad with it.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:07 am »

I've also had good success in controlling Windows/MC with Splashtop remote on an ipad. The screen refresh is pretty good. I mostly use it to control MC in theaterview whilst the TV is turned off as I prefer to listen to music without the screen distraction (although occasionally the fanart is interesting in playing now - eg. whilst playing something by the artist Seal ;) ).

I can also schedule TV recordings on it whilst Ivy B is watching normal TV.

I haven't tried to watch a movie or route the audio to the ipad though, but I may try it after )p('s report!. I simply use it as a 'controlling surface' for the PC.  

SBR

)p(

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:37:52 am »

I haven't tried to watch a movie or route the audio to the ipad though, but I may try it after )p('s report!. I simply use it as a 'controlling surface' for the PC.  

SBR

I mainly watch some tv shows and home videos with it on the ipad

A short demo I made a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1cQJ0KAHo&list=UU5MGQarMxhOUmKMZbCHF_vA&index=1&feature=plcp
Pages: [1]   Go Up