INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Shortcut  (Read 785 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Request: Shortcut
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:06 am »

Hi

When I am sorting though my videos sometimes I require to quickly open it and skim through it. Mc isn't the fastest of video players out there (I hope it will be one day), so I also use Vcl media player (Which is set my default windows media player).

Normally I go into options and change the Playback method to External Program (Default), and once I am finished sorting I change it back.

When you hover over a video file and the play text appears. If you could make mc play the video in the external program by pressing, Ctrl + Click (On Play text), would be great.

This would save having to change options frequently.

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Request: Shortcut
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:25 am »

Video playback should start very quickly.

Could you post a log showing a slow start to playback?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

Re: Request: Shortcut
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:31:07 pm »

Hey Matt

I went to create a log... So I turned everything off prior.. Turns out my anti-virus was slowing my system down a bit.

Think I might switch from Avg free to Microsoft Security Essentials (I hear it has minimal impact on systems and Avg feels bloated nowadays)

Most videos open up very speedily, with the exceptions of a few. I thought it was generally slow and went I opened the other files it got worse. I think a few of my videos might be encoded badly as seeking doesn't work greatly.

Sorry about that I should have been thorough before starting a thread.

Thanks for the reply
Pages: [1]   Go Up