INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: registration after purchase  (Read 2352 times)

Audiochris901

registration after purchase
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

I've got a problem after purchase,  - can't save the mjr file to install the lic. key. I have tried restore, waited a day, reboot etc. I did not use paypal so no issue there. IE, Win 7 64bit, Norton . Please advise,

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: registration after purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:33:09 am »

The Purchase link above has information about licensing.  Please describe the detail of what happens.  Don't post your license.

Check your system date.

When you restore, the license is installed automatically.  An Install Key is mailed to you.

gucascante

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:15:45 pm »

I am experiencing the same problem: when I tried to download the xxx.mjr file from the jriver restore website or from my gmail in-box, I always receive the mesagge "this file couldn't be downloaded", i treid to regenerate the key but the problem persist, when I check the help screen, it tells me I'm not registered yet

I am frustrated with this as it should be very easy to do

Also I save the xxx.mjr file to a USB key and try to apply it from there to the MC17, but then I got the following message:

"Error restoring Media Center license: failed extracting license from file"

I really appreciate your help with this...thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »

Sorry for the trouble.  It looks like your license is fine on our server.

So try restoring using Internet Explorer as your browser:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

Be sure to save the MJR file at the end and run it.  You need the latest Media Center 17 installed to run the MJR file at the end.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gucascante

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:00 pm »

Thanks, I tried again but the problem persists, IE9 can not download the file straight to my PC, neither apply the validation to the MC17, also I can't download file from email to the PC, indicating that the "file can not be downloaded", I've tried 4 times to regenerate the file from the rover website of JRiver but still not work, any other idea?...

I can see the content of the attachment to the email from your website, I mean the .mjr file , then I tried save it on the desktop as an .mjr, then finally tried to apply from inside the MC17 (the install license from file option) and at the end I get the message: "Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown Error".

When I try to download the file, I shut off the AV kaspersky, to not block or corrupt the download, but don't work either.

Last of all, I tried to repair the WIN7 registry with the Uniblue RegistryBooster but neither work, and I am still waiting and with my 30 day trial reaching its end.

I have a DELL Inspiron One, dual processor, Windows 7 64bits, IE9 64 bits, Kaspersky AV, 4GB RAM, 650 GB HDD.

Thanks again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

You should be able to execute the mjr file from Explorer.  MC should own the filetype after it is installed.

Make sure you are using the same version of MC as your license.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 04:06:08 pm »

I am experiencing the same problem: when I tried to download the xxx.mjr file from the jriver restore website or from my gmail in-box, I always receive the mesagge "this file couldn't be downloaded
That is the basic problem.  It is likely that Kaspersky is still "protecting" you.  You may have to uninstall it.

gucascante

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:17 pm »

Problem Solved...how?: Send an email with the key to another computer, copied the .Mjr file on a USB key and then apply it to the computer where I have installed the MC17 ...

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up