INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please - trying to combine High Res Audio with ripped CD's Tags not working  (Read 1268 times)

bobbeanbags

• Recent member

I am really liking MC 17 but I am having problems with importing audio files not ripped from CD's.  I used dbPowerAMP to rip my CD collection and these import fine into MC17.  The format (directory structure) used is:

Artist
   L Album
        L  01 Artist - Track Name
           02 Artist - Track Name

All the artist, album and track info works great in MC17.

Now I'm trying to add some high res audio DIFF files, wav files etc.  I set up the directories in the manner above and read them in MC17.  They play fine but artist and album are both "unassigned".  Is there a way to get MC to assign this information from the directory names and file names when importing the audio files?

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Select the tracks, right-click and select Library Tools > Fill Properties from Filename and configure the templates.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bobbeanbags

• Recent member

Thanks!  That worked great.  Is there anyway to do this automatically?  I have several hundred of these files.

MrC

Select all those that don't have meta-data, and run the tool.  If the folders/filenames are consistent, this will fill them all in.  You can sort the files such that selecting these is trivial, or you can use the search wizard searching for properties that are empty.

There are also auto-import tagging rules you can set, but these run when the files are being imported, and not on files that are already in the database.

There are other methods, but Fill Properties... is easiest when your folders/filenames follow a template-like pattern.

bobbeanbags

• Recent member

Thank you very much!  One more quick question, is there any way to tag the albums by resolution?  For example, I am demoing a high end audio system and I want to filter the list of albums/artists by resolution (for example HD Tracks 24/96, wav 24/192 files, etc.)

MrC

There are many ways to accomplish this.  How about search on Bit Depth?

Or you can create/modify a view (such as a Panes view), and include columns such as Bit Depth, Bitrate, Sample Rate, etc.  Then, you can just select the properties you're interested in at the moment.

Here's a good overview of how to setup a view:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Now I'm trying to add some high res audio DIFF files, wav files etc.  I set up the directories in the manner above and read them in MC17.  They play fine but artist and album are both "unassigned".  Is there a way to get MC to assign this information from the directory names and file names when importing the audio files?

You can use the Library Tools/Move, Copy, Rename tool to name a file from its directory location.
Pages: [1]   Go Up