INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange image artifact with DVD playback in MC  (Read 689 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Strange image artifact with DVD playback in MC
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:20 am »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has seen the same image artifact as me and if they have what they did to resolved it?

When I play a DVD .iso file there is a noticeable "lag" effect where it looks as if the image is trying to catch up with the motion. This is most noticeable on darker objects that are moving relative to their background.  For example when a persons face moves it looks as if their skin is moving ass if being painted on, yielding a blur.

I have read a bit about compression artifacts and it does look like it could be a motion prediction effect.  This is not an effect seen on a standalone player or dare I say it TMT5. My HDTV has all the motion post processing turned off.

I am running RO HQ out of the box without further tweaks. Blu ray image quality is excellent by comparison, really excellent.

Maybe there is some video setting I have not found yet.

Any experience appreciated from those more familiar with non-standard settings.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange image artifact with DVD playback in MC
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:58:15 am »

Yes, I do know what you mean and have seen it in the past. It looks like the skin on someone's face is malleable and moves differently relative to the rest of the head! I wonder if it is some weird deinterlacing artefact. What's your GPU? Have you hardware acceleration turned on? Some of my DVDs have mistagged interlaced tags and look really bad with terrible combing artefact in motion scenes. Changing them to mkv and using madVR and forcing deinterlacing makes them better, but that is different to the facial wobbling thing. I wonder if the wrong flag for deinterlace is set so it gets deinterlaced in the wrong order?

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up