INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request - Rename music files and rearrange in folders according to tags  (Read 941 times)

alvester

• Recent member

I wish Media Center 17 would have the ability to rename the actual file names according to the tags of the said files. I wish the software could also rearrange the files in the matching folders that correspond to the tags too.

The reason I request this is sometimes after ripping music, I realize that the default tags as downloaded via Media Center 17's online database service are incorrect and I have to manually correct them. Unfortunately if the correction involves renaming the song and/or artist name, the file names are not updated and the files are also not moved to the correct folders corresponding to the artist's name. The only workaround I've been able to find to fix this shortcoming of Media Center 17 is to open Windows Media Player (on Windows 7 Ultimate) and let it rename and rearrange the files. (The option to rename and rearrange files has to be selected within WMP's settings to enable this)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I wish Media Center 17 would have the ability to rename the actual file names according to the tags of the said files. I wish the software could also rearrange the files in the matching folders that correspond to the tags too.
Try the Library Tool called "Move, Copy, Rename".  It should work for this.

You might also find the Import options useful.  Tools/Import/Auto Import, then edit a folder.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers

I have used the tool Jim is referring to it is very powerful and easy to use. The data management of MC seems nearly infinite.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up