INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forced use of leading zeros in TV Show Season & Episode fields  (Read 1941 times)

Alternet

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Forced use of leading zeros in TV Show Season & Episode fields
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:38:17 am »

I see that this is a new feature and may be really cool, but I have 11,250 episodes of TV in 277 different series. Many of them are ongoing and as such the existing shows have seasons that are numbered 1,2,3... and and new episodes are added as 01,02,03... even though only a single digit is displayed in MC17. I don't mind renaming my shows as time permits, but this seasons shows are now in two directories.

I tried to rename/move some shows, but I always got an error. It would copy/move some but not all of the files. (see image)

Please tell me how to turn this off until I am ready. Or do I just go back to MC16?

TIA,

Pete

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Forced use of leading zeros in TV Show Season & Episode fields
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:22:11 am »

I'm not clear what part you're trying to turn off. 

Number are never shown with leading zeroes in Media Center.  Sorting will work and renaming will pad the season and episode with zeroes for the filename.

Could the problem moving files be a network permissions issue?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alternet

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »

I am trying to turn off MC17 from creating directories with leading zeros in the Season directory. I have already worked around all my sorting issues in my players and servers. This is kind of a monkey wrench in my library.

As for the rename error, it works if I do one file at a time, or if I play each episode for even a second. Then I can select multiple episode and the rename will succeed. Like the example I showed previously. I selected three episodes and it failed on two. However, when I next selected each separately it worked.

I did note that when I selected the three files, it moved the first one & the folder.jpg, then failed on the other two. After moving the remaining two episodes individually, it prompted to delete the empty directory. Which is the correct behavior, right?

Is there a sequence issue? Say, I was only renaming half of the episodes, would it not copy the folder.jpg to the new \01 dir and leave the original in \1 until the last episode is removed. Just a thought.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »

The padding is automatic for some fields (season, episode, track #).

To remove the padding, you can wrap the field with FormatNumber()

For example:
[Series]\FormatNumber([Season])

I'm not sure about the moving issue.  I'll test here and see if I can reproduce it.

Alternet

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »

Thanks. That will do for now. 

If we solve the move issue, I can do a mass-update (or at least big chunks) and be on the same page as everyone else.

Alternet

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:54:01 pm »

I found the culprit. I use a folder.jpg for the cover art for my tv series files. Apparently, the move/rename feature burps on trying to relocate the single image file used by multiple videos. I add it via the cover art feature that was primarily used for audio (I guess).

Try that out and see if you can reproduce the effect.

- Pete

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

To make sure I understand, you've got a bunch of episodes pointed to the same image?
Pages: [1]   Go Up