INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17, Mediabrowser,iso  (Read 2070 times)

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
MC17, Mediabrowser,iso
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »

Hi,

I have up till now had mediabrowser calling and working with TMT but i want to use MC instead.

So what i want is Mediabrowser to load an iso..which is does, then to open MC and play the ISO, i have tried many things but cant get it to work.

Best i have managed so far is to set the autoplay on MC, trouble is when you run from mediabrowser both TMT and MC both try and play the movie once the iso is mounted.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17, Mediabrowser,iso
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »

What happens if you right click on the iso and choose "Open With ... (and "select default program")" then select MC?

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »

Hi.

Just tried that and it does exactly the same ie it just runs and plays in TMT if i selecet it from mediabrowser. If i disable TMT in windows media center then WMC just complains that it needs a program thats supports bluray installed.

Any other ideas?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »

Why do you need Media Browser?  Why not just play them in MC?

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:45:33 pm »

Mainly because mediabrowser automatically gets the cover art, movie information and background pictures from the title of the iso file automatically when you add it to the folder and removes them when the file is deleted.

I know i could set them up so they are listed in MC as files and they would play, but it looks better and and easier to use if based on cover art, i only use MC in Theater View

It would be nice if MC could do something similar in the future.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »

The latest builds of MC have automated cover art lookup for movies.

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Does the lookup work with iso files though? It would be great if it did.

I am running the latest build, when i import the iso's they are just listed under documents with no cover art, and also i cant see them in theater view.

Do i have to enable anything to get this new feature to work?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

I'm sorry.  I don't know the answer.  I know that MC can manage iso's, but you may need software to "mount" them.  It's worth trying a lookup.  Just right click on a movie to begin.

Use build 75 from the top of this board.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »

If you need a program to "mount" your iso, I recommend Virtual CloneDrive from Slysoft. It's free and does a great job. I don't use iso anymore. I find it easier to rip the DVD/BD to mkv or m2ts format.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:25 pm »

thanks, i already use Virtual clone drive to mount, i dont have an issue actualy mounting and playing the iso's its having a front end that can display the cover art and play them from that.

I am getting closer now though, reading few a few different threads, more luck than jugement at the moment...

I imported the iso's into MC even though i have an import rule setting media type to video after the import had finished it set them back to data.

So then I manaully changed the tags back to video....them sudenly MC is downloading the cover art movie information although some has picked up the wrong version of the movie so not sure where to change that yet as mediabrowser choose the correct one

So looks like i can dispense with mediabrowser now and just use MC in Theaterview with cover art etc, so thats great!

Have to do some more testing but it looks like to get the cover art to auto download and to appear in the right folders for Theater view you have to set media type to video and media sub type to movie.

Dont know if anyone can clarify that a little more

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:26:59 pm »

I would be interested in a solution to this.
I am having stutter issues with TMT at the moment, so a complete transition to MC would be good.

Mediabrowser requires almost no effort to get working.

If a solution to give MC the same capability I would use it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »

MC is downloading the cover art movie information although some has picked up the wrong version of the movie so not sure where to change that yet as mediabrowser choose the correct one

Right click on a movie and choose "Get Movie and TV Info".  You can do more than one.  This feature is new and still changing a little.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

....them sudenly MC is downloading the cover art movie information although some has picked up the wrong version of the movie so not sure where to change that yet as mediabrowser choose the correct one

So looks like i can dispense with mediabrowser now and just use MC in Theaterview with cover art etc, so thats great!

Have to do some more testing but it looks like to get the cover art to auto download and to appear in the right folders for Theater view you have to set media type to video and media sub type to movie.

Dont know if anyone can clarify that a little more

Once you get your importing working properly, the auto collecting of meta-data/cover art is pretty much automatic. Occassionaly it picks the worng movie data (or the coverart is not what I want) so I manually use the "Get Movie and TV info" feature and i look through the selections from the various choices to pick the best one. If your movies are in the same directory (you rip to the same directory) you can set the import to make everything in that a directory it imports a Movie, or TV Show, etc. If you don't set this MC tries to figure it out on its own.
 You can select the dropdown box (under Folders pick you directory then click Edit) and go to Data>iso and tell it to be imported as a "Movie" subtype.

Pages: [1]   Go Up