INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow display for drives and devices tree view  (Read 1028 times)

francisr6

• Recent member
Slow display for drives and devices tree view
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:35:22 am »

Hi.

The music files that are in the library are on a NAS and displayed and played very fast (instantly) from the library.

On windows desktop also displaying the content of the Music folder, sub folders etc from the NAS is done instantly as opening any file. We can not say that the network or the NAS is slow as from windows all is done in a fraction of second. May be i have to tell that the Music folder of the NAS apears as a drive letter on windows desktop.

From drives and devices tree view at the left of MC, opening this Music folder on the NAS takes ages (25 seconds) then it works as expected. Is there a way to make it open instantly as from windows explorer?

This behaviour is not new with MC17, i waited this one to ask as i hoped it to be improved with MC17, it was the same with previous versions. may be this is just something that has not the correct param somewhere in the options, simply i did not find the way to solve it by myself.

Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Slow display for drives and devices tree view
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:40 am »

This shouldn't be slow.  Are you importing the files from the drive?  Or using the drive's DLNA.  The first will be faster.

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »

Thanks a lot for your answer. Files have been imported from the drive in the library times ago. On the main screen at the right all albums are displayed instantly even when scrolling or switching from album view to artist view for instance. On the opposite at the left when clicking on the drive name where the music folders are to explore it it freezes MC for 25 seconds before displaying the content of the drive. Then, going at the subfolder level is fast until the moment when a file is clicked to be played as again 25 seconds are needed before the track begins to play.
From the main screen all is in the library and played ultra fast. Another point is that we have this with all the servers and all customers not only with one. So we avoid to use the drive explorer at the left but sometimes it is usefull or needed.

Thanks again for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:19:19 pm »

So it's slow when you use Drives and Devices/Explorer.  Now I understand.

Please update to the latest build of MC17.  It's at the top of this board.  It will be a little faster.

But why not browse by Artist or Album or Genre?

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »

Thanks a lot Jim. You are right with the last version of MC 17 it is clearly faster, not only a litle bit, now it can be considered as almost normal behaviour as the number of files is really high.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up