INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.82 -- Available Here  (Read 8025 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.82 -- Available Here
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:02:59 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170082.exe

17.0.82 (2/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when deleting items.
2. Faster: Improved Theater View's UI update system (when playback advances, etc.) so that fewer updates happen and updates look smoother when they do happen.
3. Fixed: Searching in Theater View could crash with build 80 or 81.
4. Fixed: Hulu AdZone clips would not play properly.
5. Faster: Improved performance of DSD reading and decoding.
6. Fixed: Incorrect message displayed in 'Edit Cd Information' dialog.
7. Fixed: The uninstaller could error when finishing.
8. NEW: The search language supports putting a hat in front of a keyword to do word matching (so ^car matches "Car Blues" or "My Car Broke" but not "Carolina on My Mind").
9. Changed: Hat is an escaped character in the search language, so you must use /^ to search for a literal hat.

17.0.81 (2/2/2012)

1. Changed: Lots of tuning and fixes to the new Theater View list styles.
2. NEW: Theater View shows movie backdrops from TheMovieDB.
3. NEW: Animated lists show a caption (and bubbles for DVD / Bluray on the right).
4. Changed: The way network servers are broken down upon exit trying to fix hanging exit problems.
5. Changed: DLNA: BrowseMetaData was returning no parentID, now returns the root parentID. Could solve problems with some renderers when MC is the controller.
6. Fixed: DLNA, if a player zone was associated with a particular DLNA server and that server was deleted we didn't pick up the default (first DLNA server) to use with that zone. Now it defaults back to the first server and one can associate it with a new zone if desired.

17.0.80 (2/1/2012)

1. NEW: Added animated Theater View list styles 'Flow' and 'Sheet'.  Animated 3d lists can now be used in any view of Theater View.
2. NEW: Added support for Computer Audiophile playback scrobbling, called 'CA Scrobbles' (configure in Options > Services).
3. NEW: DVB-C television support.
4. Fixed: TV Configuration did not offer DVB-S as one of tuner types.
5. Changed: Added more logging in order to diagnose DVB-S scanning failure.
6. Fixed: TV channel scanning did not show a proper message when scanning failed.
7. Fixed: Some PSD files with certain format embedded thumbnails could cause a crash.
8. Fixed: During DVB-S channel scanning the satellite transponder file failed to open.

17.0.79 (1/30/2012)

1. Fixed: When 'Show playback zones from the server on the client' was unchecked in options, DLNA zones from the server were still shown.
2. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.45). Support for Intel Indeo 4, MS Video 1, 8BPS, LOCO, ZMBV, VCR1, AASC, plus other new goodies and bug fixes.
3. Changed: Removed options for disabling tray icons for ffdshow and Haali filters since Red October removes the need for these.

17.0.78 (1/27/2012)

1. Fixed: FLAC date tagging bug present in v77.
2. Fixed: Using the web service call to set current position during playback was not working properly if called in rapid succession.
3. Fixed: In certain cases the Green Button on the remote control did not work correctly.
4. Fixed: DLNA, the name of the bitrate field was wrong (it was bitRate).
5. Fixed: DLNA, the value of the bitrate field was incorrect if the file WASN'T being converted. This could prevent proper seeking in renderers that used that field (i.e. WhiteBear).
6. Changed: All http services, return error 416 when a request was out of range as opposed to an empty partial content response.
7. Fixed: In some user's libraries, sequence columns were not sorting correctly.

17.0.77 (1/26/2012)

1. Changed: Updated YouTube support for latest site changes.
2. Fixed: The purchase / trial extension dialog could crash.
3. Changed: Automatic movie & tv info lookup will overwrite the name for a television episode using the value in the online database (no other existing data is overwritten in automatic mode).
4. Fixed: Editing Artist, Genre, Composer, and Conductor in the Tag Action Window was not working properly.
5. Changed: OGG tagging better supports list fields.
6. Changed: Updated FLAC plugin -- removed MFC, updated settings dialog, improved support for list-fields, etc.
7. Changed: APE tagging supports NULL delimited lists for fields (applies to APE and MPC files).
8. Changed: 'Album Artist (auto)' only considers the primary (first in the list) artist for tracks.

17.0.76 (1/25/2012)

1. NEW: Artist, Genre, Composer, and Conductor are list-type fields.
2. Changed: List fields can be configured to use a standard edit or list edit style.  Existing user created list-type fields will need to be updated in Options > Library & Folders > Manage library fields > Edit Type > List if you want a list-type editor for them.
3. Changed: ID3v2 tagging better supports list fields.
4. Changed: All TheMovieDB genres get populated to the genre field.
5. Changed: WMA/WMV tagging better supports list fields.
6. NEW: Putting a hat in front of a search token does an ordered list compare (so "^[Keywords]=cat" will match "cat; dog" but not "dog; cat").

17.0.75 (1/25/2012)

1. Fixed: TMDb lookup was not loading all information.
2. Changed: Updated DVB-S satellite transponder files.

17.0.74 (1/24/2012)

1. NEW: DVB-S television support.  Please test.
2. Changed: Library server access key registration is now updated hourly instead of daily. This should reduce problems with having a dynamic external IP address.
3. Changed: DSP plugins are flushed when they're turned on so plugins with a history won't cause old audio to play when turning on.
4. Fixed: Media Editor was not opening high bitdepth files properly.
5. Faster: Improved how Convolution operates when a filter operates on multiple input channels (should give a 10-25% speedup in these cases).
6. Fixed: Playing images and videos at a remote location was not working properly with WebGizmo.

17.0.73 (1/23/2012)

1. Changed: Carnac better handles videos that are signed with two usernames.
2. Fixed: Unimported television shows would not be considered television shows by some tools.
3. Fixed: Resolution changes while Theater View were showing were not handled nicely.
4. Fixed: With JRSS disabled, bass redirection in Room Correction would not work in some cases.
5. Changed: Revised the generic tagging error to say "errors while tagging or moving files" instead of "errors while tagging and moving files".
6. Changed: VideoClock no longer considers 2.5x a target ratio between the monitor refresh rate and video frame rate worth deviating the clock to achieve.
7. Changed: When looking up movie & TV information automatically as part of auto-import, fields with existing data will never be overwritten (manually running the tool will overwrite existing data).
8. Changed: Adding an auto-import folder offers auto-complete of paths when typing.
9. Changed: TMDb lookup gets genre for movies.

17.0.72 (1/20/2012)

1. Changed: Tuning to how a video looks when starting if it takes a little while to load (removed fade-in animation from build 71, changed timing).
2. Changed: YouTube clips with a genre of 'Music' will have their media sub type set to 'Music Video' so that JRSS upmixing will use music mixing instead of center-focused movie mixing.
3. Faster: Optimization to make playing from an Internet source a little faster.
4. NEW: Added relational field 'TheTVDB Series ID' that will be used when running Get Movie & TV Info, when loading backdrops, etc. (if some series gets the wrong data, use 'Get Movie & TV Info' manually to get correct data one time and subsequent lookups of the same series will automatically use that series).
5. NEW: 'Get Movie & TV Info' can be run on any number of files (when processing more than one file, automatic lookup is used instead of showing the lookup dialog).
6. Fixed: The option 'Skip file if already in library' in Action Window > Camera was not working in some cases.
7. Changed: Added media sub type 'Test Clip'.
8. NEW: Added 'Create Audio Test Clips' under Tools > Advanced to create audio files that are useful for testing and calibration (pink noise, tones, silence, etc.).
9. Changed: DLNA, allow some time for M-Search and Notify to be propagated before repeating. Seems to help with DLNA device detection.
10. Fixed: LAV Video decoder was being used for Cinepak and MSRLE but the codecs were not being enabled in LAV, causing some files to fail to play.
11. NEW: It's now possible to rename DLNA renderer zones.

17.0.71 (1/19/2012)

1. Fixed: YouTube playback was not working.
2. Changed: Disabling of the screensaver / monitor power while playing a video is more reliable.
3. Fixed: Grouping of Duration or other decimal number fields in views could give unpredictable results.
4. Fixed: The search box was disabled on the Scheduler > Play task page.
5. NEW: Deleting the last item in a Theater View list will automatically go back a level instead of showing an empty list.
6. Fixed: After deleting all items in a Theater View category, and then going back, the category would remain until leaving and reentering the view.
7. Changed: Starting video playback won't show cover art or 'Opening...' if the video starts in a few seconds.
8. NEW: Allow a DLNA player zone to associate with a particular DLNA server (right-click on the zone->Associate with DLNA server). If not set, MC defaults to the old behavior (first in the server list).
9. Fixed: Remove DSP and Playback options from DLNA zones (not applicable).

17.0.70 (1/18/2012)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info wasn't properly sorting TheTVDB matches by relevance.
2. Fixed: TheTVDB lookup didn't handle multiple directors properly.
3. Changed: Sidecar subtitles with no language specifier are used automatically if the video has no other embedded / forced subtitles (unless subtitles are turned off in Options > Video).
4. Changed: Updated the default Podcasts (use 'Add Default Podcast Feeds' to get the latest list).
5. Faster: When browsing Explorer views, file are analyzed several at a time instead of one at a time (makes browsing unimported files must faster in Standard View and Theater View).
6. Faster: DVD analyze / import times are much faster.
7. Faster: Improved performance of Theater View 'Explorer' views.
8. Fixed: Disabling of the screen saver was not working in Theater View (optional in Options > Theater View).
9. Faster: Tuned SSE3 used for Convolution making the engine around 5% faster.

bil1010105

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.82 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:58:20 pm »

Hi,

When using the latest build, and trying to open a Shoutcast stream, MC hangs completely. Playback is set to AUTOMATIC, I've tried using both Chromium and IE and the result is the same.

Basically, what happens is, when you try and open an m3u file from Shoutcast, it breaks. For example, Real Radio XS (search for it) will point to this:

http://streaming.gmgradio.com/xsuk.m3u

The playlist file itself has this inside:

http://shoutcast.gmgradio.com:10103

Which oddly enough plays OK when you use that address with File | Open URL.

The same playlist works fine in WMP.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »

NEW: Theater View shows movie backdrops from TheMovieDB.
NEW: Added animated Theater View list styles 'Flow' and 'Sheet'.  Animated 3d lists can now be used in any view of Theater View.

Absolutely outstanding!!
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

17.0.78 (1/27/2012)
7. Fixed: In some user's libraries, sequence columns were not sorting correctly.

Thanks a bundle for repairing this sort issue!  Now re-enjoying working playlists... :)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:51 am »

I don't think this is a bug, just odd behaviour... when I type something into the search box at the top right, I typically wait 4-5 seconds for any type of response.  During that time the search box freezes i.e the first couple of letters show, but then nothing for a few seconds, and then remainder of the text I typed shows with a result.  The results are typically great, but it is a slow.  This only happens when I am searching in the video's area.  Music searches are super fast with no delay.  I have a lot more music than videos. 

Once before I had slow behavior (can't remember details, may have been in a panes view???), Matt said something about some nested lists in actors, peoples etc, that were a result of data pulled in from pvd.  He made a few tweaks and whatever it was worked a lot better.  Hoping the same might be possible again. 

Happy to send database if that helps.

Thanks
Craig

PS: this has been slow for quite a few builds.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:14:57 am »

this bug is still there :

this problem that started with .71 build is still there :

there's a problem with subtitles selection in theaterview with this build. I can't select the subtitles using the osd with any of my anime (ssa/ass in mkv).
Using the mouse I can select them in the context menu.

It seems to happen when the language of the subtitles is not set in the mkv
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 03:17:36 am »

custom caption in theatre view was overwritten and replaced with [name].

TCube

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 04:29:16 am »

Hello 2 the JRiver staff !

Just wondering as in MediaCenter 16 and 17 on test : would it be possible to get more in-depth summary and details about files being bad while importing ?

Thks Tcube

EpF

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 04:44:39 am »

In pane tagging mode, in the 'new value' dialogue, the mouse scroll-wheel does not work unless something is first selected from the dropdown.

amz

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 05:17:02 am »

Hi,

I'm using a NAD C446 network player together with a NAS (Medion).
Discovered a bug when setting the <Playing from> the NAS-SERVER (with Twonky media server) and Load Library - the scan stopped after 217 files.
Using a network share to the NAS (Drives & Devices) and <Playing from> Main Library, it works: 2317 files + playlists ...

Tried it several times with different settings but no change...
Any idea?

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:29 am »

Not working videos, doesn't import video (message: please, wait... analyzing files (xx of xx))

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Arindelle

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.82 -- Bug on New List Fields?
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:11:55 am »

Quote from: JimH
1. NEW: Artist, Genre, Composer, and Conductor are list-type fields.
2. Changed: List fields can be configured to use a standard edit or list edit style.  Existing user created list-type fields will need to be updated in Options > Library & Folders > Manage library fields > Edit Type > List if you want a list-type editor for them.

Help please  :-\ I updated to version 17.0.82 this morning. Updating list-type fields erased ALL of my data under "Artist" ! 64251 tracks ....

I have set up list fields prior to this update for Genre and Artist Fields ( as well as Grouping Fields btw) named Genres and Artists respectively and using this formula in the new fields under calculated data
Code: [Select]
[artist]&datatype=[list]
      This worked great -- if I entered via the list fields Artists, it would automatically fill in multiple artists separated by a ";". Or If I had one Artist, it would automatically fill in the Artist(s) field with the same name. All of my Views were set to Artists and Genres (the new fields) to avoid the horrible "Ella Fitgerald; Louis Armstrong" phenonmenon^^.

I found that I could no longer tag by  list boxes in the Artist
    s field. This is how the field looked like after the update to17.0.82

So looking at this post I updated the list type fields like so which consequently wiped all data in artist and my created artists field.
    This is how the field looked like after my change ...

This is pretty much a catastrophe if I hadn't had a great back-up of both my library and all of my tagged music, because as I ahd checked "Update tags when file info changes" AND in the field box originally (not in photo) I had checked "save in file tags (when possible) so the original Artist field was erased from the metadata in the file itself.

As Artist is a default field type I guess, I can't change that to "edit type - list" which I thought would be the reason for the upgrade anyways so the custom fields would no longer be necessary?

Is this a bug or could someone provide a clear explanation of HOW to update "Existing user created list-type fields" to have the same functionality as before.

I'm reverting back to a prior version, in the mean time, but at the very least I though I would warn people so they could avoid a 5 hour restore if they find they are in the same boat as I me.

Thanks in advance for your attention

[/list]

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:57:23 am »

Is this a bug or could someone provide a clear explanation of HOW to update "Existing user created list-type fields" to have the same functionality as before.

I think you're asking about this change:
    Changed: List fields can be configured to use a standard edit or list edit style.  Existing user created list-type fields will need to be updated in Options > Library & Folders > Manage library fields > Edit Type > List if you want a list-type editor for them.

In other words, change the edit-type to 'List' in the field dialog for your custom fields.

I can't explain the "data loss" in your calculated field.  Was the data fine in the actual Artist field?  Is it possible it was just a display issue?
    Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:22 am »

New theater view changes are fantastic!!! Thanks again, MC 17's development has been very impressive.

Possible bug: about 25 percent of titles show up as "Missing" below the movie icon, and view hangs on backdrop when you click on the titles.

(Edit: I tested the previous release version, same titles are broken there as well.)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
    « Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 11:27:50 am »

Hi

I understand that you want bugs to be reported her.

I am very happy to see that DVB-C support have beem added.
    However, when I try to scan I get the following error: Failed to build digital preview graph.

windows7 x64
    Digital Devices tv-tuner card
    Canal Digital, Norge supplier of signals
    The jmc log is available here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=db1e11b2cf05fb28&resid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!1747&parid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!124

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:04 am »

Possible bug: about 25 percent of titles show up as "Missing" below the movie icon, and view hangs on backdrop when you click on the titles.

I'm not sure I understand.  Could you provide a screenshot?

Thanks.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 11:38:27 am »

Room correction reports "output format not supported". I am using 16 channel output (after convolution).
    It should process the first 8 channels normally.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 11:40:53 am »

Volume protection not working with internal volume in video zone. Works OK in Music zone.

vagskal

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:00 am »

In other words, change the edit-type to 'List' in the field dialog for your custom fields.

If it is a custom calculated field ([artist]&datatype=[list]), change it first to a User data field with Data Type List and Edit Type List and close the Manage Library Fields window. This will wipe all data from your calculated field ([Artists]), but will leave the data in the stock [Artist] field and the corresponding file tag (at least it did when I tried it). Open the Manage Library Fields window again and change the custom field back to a Calculated data field with the old expression ([artist]&datatype=[list]).

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »

I'm not sure I understand.  Could you provide a screenshot?

Thanks.
    The hang occurs only in three menus: Instant Cue, Recommended, and Recently Watched. Also, the problem only occurs when I see the term "Missing" appear in the "Duration" category on the right hand side. When I select these titles, Theater View only displays the background picture and no title gets launched in the Netflix player.

Edit: Matt, I've tested this on another machine with another account and it occurs on the same titles after I upgraded to the current version. Screenshot from second machine attached below as well. Thanks again for your time.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
    « Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 10:20:37 pm »

I'm getting a crash from in_ogg.dll after starting playback of an audio file. I got the logs, who should I send it to?

Arindelle

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:03 am »

I think you're asking about this change:
    Changed: List fields can be configured to use a standard edit or list edit style.  Existing user created list-type fields will need to be updated in Options > Library & Folders > Manage library fields > Edit Type > List if you want a list-type editor for them.

I can't explain the "data loss" in your calculated field.  Was the data fine in the actual Artist field?  Is it possible it was just a display issue?

Yes this is what I'm talking about and the data was NOT fine in the Artist field. Not a display issue .... I had to restore my library, then write from Library to the metadata in the files (Update Tags (from Library). 
    If it is a custom calculated field ([artist]&datatype=[list]), change it first to a User data field with Data Type List and Edit Type List and close the Manage Library Fields window. This will wipe all data from your calculated field ([Artists]), but will leave the data in the stock [Artist] field and the corresponding file tag (at least it did when I tried it). Open the Manage Library Fields window again and change the custom field back to a Calculated data field with the old expression ([artist]&datatype=[list]).
    This is exactly what I did. I believe as the whole idea tagging for me is to write to the files themselves then back them up, I purposely check "Update Tags when File Info Changes" and I check the box on the fields in question "Save in tags (when possible)". Maybe I'm wrong Vagskal, but if this didn't happen to you I think you are wrtiting your tag info to the library without checking these options? That way the Artist field data would stil reside in the file itself (not in the library). On your second step it would reread this info and replace both Artist and Artists?

Honestly I'm not too sure I understand the benefit of this? What is needed (and what the calculation field did for me) is to have a field you could enter by clicking multiple boxes and which would port the data into the default field Artist1; Artist2 etc. In other views you use simply the custom field and not the default so visually they are separted for searches or filtering.  Can't even imagine what it would lok like if I couldn't do this (I have lutiple artists, but also under multiple groupings, genres and starting to do styles! In iTunes I'da have over a thousand genres, lucky JRiver exists  ;D

Even though you have an option of a List field now, what does this do if ou don't add an expression? Get List boxes for a custom field is all, I think but maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, I'm not trying this again just yet.  took a real long time to get back to where it was and its scary when it erases the actual data its self. For people who don't back-up regularly, better know what your doing.  I suppose what could be tried would be to un check the writing to tag options and then change it back after its set-up. That way re-importing would put back the information I suppose?

Thank you both for responding so fast btw  :)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 08:55:58 am »

Matt,  I rolled back a few MC versions on my machine and the Netflix problem I described above does not occur on the 17.0.68 build. It only happens after I install version 17.0.73 and up. Hope this is helpful information...

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:46 am »

I'm getting a crash from in_ogg.dll after starting playback of an audio file. I got the logs, who should I send it to?

Please send one of the OGG files that crashes to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:23 am »

Volume protection not working with internal volume in video zone. Works OK in Music zone.

Could you explain what you're seeing in a bit more detail?

Thanks.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:04 am »

New theater view changes are fantastic!!! Thanks again, MC 17's development has been very impressive.

(Edit: I tested the previous release version, same titles are broken there as well.)

I am seeing the same issue.  It appears to be only happening on tv shows for me.   The movies seem to work ok, but when I select a series and expect to get a list of episodes, I get the back drop.  I have not tested it on another machine.

Alex

lepa

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »

ogg import and playing unimported ogg is broken? MC tries to analyze file but never finishes... reverting to .175 fixes this. Maybe the tagging changes broke something?

JimH

• Administrator
    • Where did I put my teeth?
    « Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 01:10:00 pm »

ogg import and playing unimported ogg is broken? MC tries to analyze file but never finishes... reverting to .175 fixes this. Maybe the tagging changes broke something?
    It's fixed in a future build.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Happy to send database if that helps.

Yes, please email a library backup to matt at jriver dot com.

It's likely something in the view is slow (like a pane that uses IsMissing(...) or something), but I'd still like to see it.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »

In pane tagging mode, in the 'new value' dialogue, the mouse scroll-wheel does not work unless something is first selected from the dropdown.

The wheel works for me. 

The mouse cursor must be over the combobox. 

Mouse wheel should always works the window under the cursor instead of the keyboard focus window in Media Center.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 01:21:40 pm »

Just wondering as in MediaCenter 16 and 17 on test : would it be possible to get more in-depth summary and details about files being bad while importing ?

For now, you can make a Smartlist.  More here:
    http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Bad_Files

If you ever find something that causes files to incorrectly be marked as bad, please share the details.

Thanks.

djkiwi

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 01:45:17 pm »

Hi guys, I am trying out media center 17 which looks great so far. I have a small bug on netlfix I'd like to report. When I use netflix using a normal browser window and want to exit full screen it appears as per the first screenshot. ie it shrinks the page and you can see the "more eposides" part at the bottom.

Now when I use theaterview on J river that bottom part gets cut off. In fact when I click on "exit full screen" it doesn't shrink the page at all and what shows is as per the second screenshot. I cannot then click on "more eposides" at the bottom as it is all cut off.

Thanks
    DJ

ps having problems inserting my attachements to show the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:16 pm »

Now when I use theaterview on J river that bottom part gets cut off. In fact when I click on "exit full screen" it doesn't shrink the page at all and what shows is as per the second screenshot. I cannot then click on "more eposides" at the bottom as it is all cut off.

You'll have to browse Netflix under Video > Netflix in Theater View. 

Playback attempts to only show the video portion of the Netflix playback page.  In other words, it tries to make playback as much like native video playback as possible.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
    « Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »

Please send one of the OGG files that crashes to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
    Problem is that I was playing an ape file... so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll send you the playback logs, if that helps.

Doesn't matter what file is being played, it seems to be triggered by the latest build. Reverting to the previous released build prevents the problem from manifesting.

vairulez

• World Citizen
    « Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »

another small bug, Play seems to have disapeared for series, I can only choose Play all in theaterview
    HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
    zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
    zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
    zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

djkiwi

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

You'll have to browse Netflix under Video > Netflix in Theater View. 

Playback attempts to only show the video portion of the Netflix playback page.  In other words, it tries to make playback as much like native video playback as possible.

Thanks Matt, yes I am doing that.  Video ->Netfllix. I like the theater view quite a bit but this little issue is making it hard to use.  Its hard to explain but I have taken some screenshots to show the issue. Is it possible to email them as I cannot seem to attach a file here?  Thanks.DJ

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
    « Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »

Love the new cover scroll.  Is it a setting, or is it possible to scroll back to the beginning when I hit the end of the list?  Like Z to A to scroll through again?

EpF

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 10:26:33 pm »

The wheel works for me. 

The mouse cursor must be over the combobox. 

Mouse wheel should always works the window under the cursor instead of the keyboard focus window in Media Center.

Just to be clear as possible: in the image having clicked on the 'New Genre' tick-box, the 'New Value' dialogue pops up as shown. With the cursor hovering over the input field, scrolling down with the mouse wheel should/used to scroll through the items in the list (without expanding the dropdown). For me at the moment, nothing happens unless I first hit the dropdown arrow and select something from the list; then I can use the mousewheel to change the selection.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
    « Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »

Thanks Matt, yes I am doing that.  Video ->Netfllix. I like the theater view quite a bit but this little issue is making it hard to use.  Its hard to explain but I have taken some screenshots to show the issue. Is it possible to email them as I cannot seem to attach a file here?  Thanks.DJ

Normal forum users here don't have attachment privileges.  Upload the screenshots to imageshack or a similar image host and link to them in a forum post.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
    « Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »

Just to be clear as possible: in the image having clicked on the 'New Genre' tick-box, the 'New Value' dialogue pops up as shown. With the cursor hovering over the input field, scrolling down with the mouse wheel should/used to scroll through the items in the list (without expanding the dropdown). For me at the moment, nothing happens unless I first hit the dropdown arrow and select something from the list; then I can use the mousewheel to change the selection.

I don't recall that this has ever worked in a list drop down.  I'd use it (mostly to just bring up the list, but then would hit the END key to quickly move the end of the list).
    The opinions I express represent my own folly.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 12:13:45 am »

Could you explain what you're seeing in a bit more detail? Thanks.

When I select internal volume and volume protection in a second zone I named video, it just behaves as if volume protection were not selected. In my original music zone it works as advertised returning to 10% automatically.

EpF

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:22 am »

I don't recall that this has ever worked in a list drop down.  I'd use it (mostly to just bring up the list, but then would hit the END key to quickly move the end of the list).
    What can I say? It used to work as I described for me! You could type in a letter and scroll down to get the first entry in the list that started with that letter. It was very handy because if you typed a lower case letter for a list which only had one entry starting with that letter, you could scroll down and you would get the Capitalised version... This was definitely not a dream!
    Pages: [1]   Go Up